Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball 2024-2025

In-season transfers is the next logical step. Instead of year long NIL deals, why not per game? After the buzzer, our empowered student athletes can sound out the bidding for their services in anticipation of the next game on each school's schedule, and put in their fast-tracked transfer paper work. With the right agent, they could play for Duke on Tuesday, Kentucky on Thursday, Kansas on Saturday, and Duke again next Tuesday!

Zion probably could have pocketed at least $100,000 per contest, and maybe as much as $500,000 or more for tournament games.

The legislation will not limit the number of times an athlete can transfer -- and there are still two transfer windows -- but they can't transfer midyear and play for a second school in the same season.

Seems this only means if you transfer a 2nd time, you don't need to get a waiver. This seems to be a football rule.

"Previously, the NCAA's one-time transfer rule allowed athletes to play immediately at the first school they transferred to but they then had to sit out a year if they transferred again -- or apply to the NCAA for a waiver to compete immediately."

Last edited:
I think in season transfer would be a bridge too far, I don't think anyone would bother watching a regular season game at that point.

I would take the game-by-game concept further to create something truly great. Go second-by-second, or timeout-by-timeout with transfer eligibility. Imagine it, and fall in love with it.

Duke vs. UNC. They each assemble as many players from all across the country as they can afford with NIL money, on their sidelines, sitting and waiting on the bench for the call to go into the game. Each of these players is on an NIL retainer fee to be there, ready to insta-transfer and enter the game. Each coach is like the macho, no-homo version of a Magic: the Gathering deckmaster, able to draw upon different cards for different situations, at a certain cost.

For example, if someone like Edey were to insta-transfer to Duke to play the next 8-10 minutes, it would cost Duke a very high per-minute rate in NIL money. But Hubert could counter by putting someone like Clingan in the game for those same minutes, for similarly high cost. If Scheyer has run out of funding near the end of the game, he has to rely on walk-ons who don’t care about money to come in and finish the game out, showing his ass as a poor budgeter of his resources.

Each game, Duke would have a different set of players available on their sidelines, and they could pay very little to beat the likes of Stephen F. Austin, who can’t afford much talent in any game.

Incredible. I would be way more into this than the current year-by-year product. The players would ultimately get degrees from the school where they play their final minute of their senior years.

IRL Ultimate Team

Should just go with the CS:GO fixed economy model. Basically each TV timeout you have to buy the next four minutes of “weapons”. The first four minutes have to be played with walk-ons. Start with fixed $$$, earn more with specific in game accomplishments to keep your best weapons out there.

Someone has concluded going top 10 in an all-time bad draft is still better than possibly dropping out of the 1st round the following year, despite the new college basketball economics.

With Sean Stewart announcing he’s leaving The Brotherhood later today, the Duke/UK game could end up being a wake rather than a celebration of the sport.

As someone who advocated for the transfer portal, i must confess how wrong I was. This isnt even fun to follow anymore. i think all of transfer crap effectively will kill the sport within the next 10 years. There is more player development or role development anymore

Since D1 basketball is now a professional league, it's no longer fair to exclude NBA guys who haven't used any eligibility. The Spurs can have Wemby for the start of next season, and they can plant the seeds to avoid a LeBron first Cavs stint by tanking the remainder of the season as Wemby enrolls at Duke and dominates college basketball.

He'd make 2024 Caitlin Clark look like a nobody as he cruised to a championship and get to flex his philosophical muscles in riveting intellectual debates on the quad. Win/win.

Michigan allowing its basketball program to die is fine, but I don’t think Duke has that luxury. It seems Scheyer is finding the right messaging for admissions and reaching a nice compromise now, while other basketball coaches are still struggling to adapt.

Obviously a rapist like Shannon and someone who can barely write his own name like Love would be a stretch for any decent school to admit.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom