Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College football (non-Duke)

For whoever talked about the commissioner having to stump for us, it was too little too late. He should’ve been doing that yesterday when espn was sucking Sankey’s cock and giving him a ten minute segment to lobby publicly for the sec.

This is no longer a playoff. This is an invitational. This is wrestling where half the teams knows its scripted and the other half keep trying as if its real.

Fuck. This. Sport.

I couldn't even tell you who the ACC Commish is, that's how invisible they've been.

It is supremely stupid that two teams jumped FSU when they beat the 10th ranked team yesterday with their 3rd string QB. But Texas beating a garbage OSU team is somehow more impressive? Just doesn't make sense to me. It should have been FSU as the 3 seed and Texas as the 4 seed since they beat Bama head to head. But putting in two 1 loss teams over an undefeated conference champ is incredibly stupid.

Good thing it takes these morons multiple years to put together an expanded playoff.

Playoff, realignment, transfer portal, and NIL. All trash for the sport over the last decade, and it’s gotten exponentially worse the last couple years.

Today solidified that there is not a “Power 5”, but rather a “Power 2”. We knew it was trending that way, but today solidified it.

ACC commish is Jim Phillips btw. He’s been a bitch for a long time.

Head of the committee is NC State’s AD

ACC/PAC/BIG torpedoing the expanded playoffs for a year screwed fsu and the Acc.

Jim Phillips got outmaneuvered on expansion and screwed his own conference with the stupid Alliance that the big10 immediately broke and then couldn’t even get one of his ADs to do the right thing, now hastening the demise of the conference

Everyone ACC school that is serious about money sports needs to get out immediately. They will not be supported by the conference when it matters most.

How do you recruit top talent if you're an ACC team? Why would anyone go play in a conference where you're not eligible for a National Championship?

Everyone ACC school that is serious about money sports needs to get out immediately. They will not be supported by the conference when it matters most.

Does this not go both ways?
Last I checked fsu is still in the ACC and was, by far, the conference’s biggest bell cow for ratings this year. So they’ve done more than their part to support the conference.

I don’t think I’ve ever been as aggrieved as a sports fan as FSU folks right now. They are off their rockers.

What would calm me a bit is the fact that FSU would’ve been about 13-point point dogs to Michigan and +7 to Texas. Probably something like 15-1 to win the title had they gotten in. I’d rather not see my team be the proof that the committee screwed over Alabama. Root for Michigan to somehow blow out Alabama and then scream about how badly the committee messed this up.

You say that as someone who has never followed and supported a team that did everything right. Won every game. Watched the kids on the team battle and overcome adversity to finish undefeated conference champs, with a third string quarterback. If you can’t understand why that’s a travesty, then I’m not sure you understand why college sports were, at one point, great.

Well, except undermining it by saying the conference sucks so much they should get more money. Maybe don’t tell everyone your conference is terrible if you don’t want to get fucked by a subjective committee later?
Do you actually disagree with the position that FSU’s admin took preseason. Do you think the ACC is a bastion of athletic and financial greatness that can compete with the Big 10 and SEC? Because today proved that only those two conferences matter.

And never in FSU’s statements did they say the ACC was trash. I can make an argument for it being better than the PAC from a competition standpoint. They said the GOR was trash and not adequately representing each respective team’s value. That’s absolutely true, and I think you’d be hard pressed to argue differently.

I think the ACC is a trash, podunk conference, but publicly airing those grievances probably wasn’t the wisest idea. What did FSU gain from that, exactly?

I think the ACC is a trash, podunk conference, but publicly airing those grievances probably wasn’t the wisest idea. What did FSU gain from that, exactly?
It was a bargaining chip. Duke would be well served to do the same.

Do you think the rest of the college football world didn’t see that before FSU’s admin made their statements preseason?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom