Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College football (non-Duke)

No, but I don’t think their comments accomplished anything other than further degrading the perception of the league and contributing to Cal/Stanford/SMU being brought in, making the GOR even harder to break than before. I can’t see how they have benefitted from it in any way.

No, but I don’t think their comments accomplished anything other than further degrading the perception of the league and contributing to Cal/Stanford/SMU being brought in, making the GOR even harder to break than before. I can’t see how they have benefitted from it in any way.
They were looking for either more money from the league, or to get more schools on board with exiting.

The league doesn’t need any help with degrading their image. Jim Phillips and the conference continues to do that on their own. You could look at the ACC’s inability to aggressively expand years ago when they had the chance, or look at a terrible GOR that was nowhere close to as beneficial as what other conferences negotiated. Or you could look at simple decisions like where you play your conference title game. All other P5 conferences played in a dome to avoid weather issues and put on the strongest display for the conference. The ACC played outside in NC in the rain.

You may have felt slighted by FSU’s words preseason, since so many in NC still hold fond memories of the ACC of old, but they weren’t wrong.

When the ACC couldn't get ND as a full member, I knew then the league was on borrowed time.

Any school in the ACC that is a significant player should be looking for ways to leave today.

Make no mistake, the league is done. If an undefeated champ can't get in, then there's no more point. What do coaches tell recruits?

"Listen kid, come here and be part of a 13-0 team, and you won't have a chance to compete for a title"

When the ACC couldn't get ND as a full member, I knew then the league was on borrowed time.

Any school in the ACC that is a significant player should be looking for ways to leave today.

Make no mistake, the league is done. If an undefeated champ can't get in, then there's no more point. What do coaches tell recruits?

"Listen kid, come here and be part of a 13-0 team, and you won't have a chance to compete for a title"
Exactly. I grew up as a kid in NC. I grew up with the love of the conference. I get it. But today’s ACC ain’t what it used to be, and there’s no fixing it at this point.

The FSU players and coaches who gave everything for this season are now rendered nothing more than political pawns and competitive failures.

Matt Rhule landing Dylan Raiola, the #1 HS QB recruit in the country, has instantly vaulted him up as the post coach Nebraska's had post Tom Osborne. Holy fuck, can't believe it.

Okay this isn’t as weird as I thought it was. My first conception of this gimmick is that the players were going to tear the mascot apart limb from limb and eat those pieces

I think we have much more of this to look forward to in the NIL/portal era for non-playoff bowls, until they finally implement a proper tier system with separate postseasons, which might just be absorbing all but the eventual 35 or so SEC/B1G superteams into the FCS.

2006 Duke was shut out three times in four games, including to FCS Richmond. The other game was a one point loss to eventual ACC champion Wake after a chipshot FG was blocked. Ah, the Roof days.

So, by my tally, there were 18 bowl games involving teams with "State" in their name. 12 of those teams lost. Of the 6 winners, 2 teams won against other teams with "State" in the name. Losers included Penn State, Ohio State, NC State and the biggest loser of all, Florida State, who expect to parlay the worst bowl performance of all time into a lucrative deal with the Big 10 or the SEC.

Ted Roof was apparently DC at Oklahoma for the last two seasons and I had no clue. He's now out as DC in a mutual parting.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom