Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Cooper Flagg

There is more than one way to skin a cat. Stewart will play not because he can space the floor horizontally, but because he can space the floor vertically as a lob threat. He will also be a monster on the offensive boards and those could turn into wide open perimeter 3s via the kick out, or dunks and put back inside by him.

According to BT, among all High Major players who played at least 18% of his teams minutes this year, Sean Stewart had the 2nd highest OR%, ahead of Zach Edey who finished 3rd. With the same criteria, he had the 18th highest DR%, If he can maintain those levels of production, and improve his defensive awareness in the off season. I don't see how Scheyer keeps him off the floor.
I don't dispute any of this, but I think it's all evidence that he should see time as the 5, where he can be a PNR lob threat, and where he has Flagg and 3 more perimeter oriented players (pick 3 of Foster/Proctor/Power/Harris/Kneuppel/Evans/Schutt?/Gillis?) to kick those boards out to.

Lead the Nike Hoop Summit in scoring and was clearly the best player on the court.

God I hope we don't waste this kid's one season with garbage spacing like we did with Zion.
I think it's unlikely that the team shoots 30% from three like that team did. Too many good shooters for that to happen. The question is whether Scheyer will play more than two of them at once.

The 2019 team really didn't have any options to improve the spacing. At least Scheyer has options.

Our only real options were Jack White remembering how to shoot or AOC becoming playable. I remember clamoring for more AOC. In retrospect, that was not the solution.

After watching some recent highlights, I have a bad feeling Cooper is going to commit a lot of turnovers in his one season with us. He still seems like he's growing into his body (obviously as a 17yr old 6'10" kid), so can be a little uncoordinated/off-balance at times when he's making moves with the ball. Weight-room should be a big emphasis for the kid this summer, especially for his lower body imo.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom