Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Delaware at Duke - Sat, Dec 1, 2:00pm RSN/ESPN3

I think if we can keep the blog up consistently for every game then we'll get some real attention. Definitely looking forward to some stat-based features. I've been thinking a lot about a piece that highlights the Quinn-Mason connection, looking at how many of Mason's points are assisted on by Cook and what percentage of Cook's assists are to Mason, but it seems like something that would take a lot of work unless there's already a site out there with this kind of info. I don't have footage of all the games, so maybe I'm not the person to do it.

Just one idea, anyway. There are plenty of other things we could do.

If we had a community repository of sorts we could pull that off easily. Essentially use a standardized way of charting individual possessions, pass-by-pass, and crowd-source it. Has anyone has ever read Dean Oliver's "Beyond Basketball"? I'll have to post a screencap of some of his game notes when I get a chance. It's sort of a shorthand language for recording everything that goes on in a possession. Very handy if we could dump it all into a sortable spreadsheet.

Why don't we put this in with Zack's stats project, and post it up as a free basketball blog called Free Ballin'?

rhfarmer said:
Why don't we put this in with Zack's stats project, and post it up as a free basketball blog called Free Ballin'?

Fine by me, but the database I'm pulling from doesn't record stats like who passed to who. So we'd have to acquire that information in some other way.

Dumb question but what blog is this? Is it associated with a different website? Or this one?

marleyboy4945 said:
Dumb question but what blog is this? Is it associated with a different website? Or this one?
You can use the Home drop down menu at the top

bfactor said:
http://www.duke-forum.com/blog/
You can give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, or teach him to light dynamite and toss it in the lake and he'll eat for a year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom