Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2016-2017

Here is the nightmare scenario. We want as many aspects of this as possible to be inaccurate.

South
1 Kentucky (5)
2 Duke (12)
3 West Virginia (4)
4 Arizona (22)
5 Michigan (24)
6 Florida (9)
7 Wichita State (8)
8 Maryland (45)
9 Virginia Tech (44)

Kentucky's path is paved in this scenario. Duke's path in this scenario: 15 seed, 8 kenpom, 4 kenpom, 5 kenpom, Final Four, Championship Game. Underdogs or only slight favorites in every game after the 1st round.

I do think kentucky is a risk to lose early, but I agree that if Duke does get them in Memphis in the E8 or S16, we fucked. Grayson might be shot.

I would also argue that a second round matchup with Oklahoma State (#1 offense in the country, great PG, fast-pace team and now competent coach, having ditched Travis Ford for Brad Underwood) is pretty damn bad too.

Actually it was shitty then disappointing in the sense that it seemed like we could come together with better health and time and now it's enjoyable starting with last night.

UNC will probably win it all to stomp on all our hearts though

6 of the top 13 KP teams are in our bracket but I don't believe in Baylor or SMU or Florida

Topher said:
6 of the top 13 KP teams are in our bracket but I don't believe in Baylor or SMU or Florida

The strength of the other half of the bracket is pretty much meaningless, though. I'd rather have it be stronger, all else equal, to increase the chance of #1 being upset.

Playing SC in SC would suck, but they're a weak 7 with a horrible offense anyway... assuming we can manufacture points against their elite defense, it seems like we should win against them. that's about all I can really complain about (other than the potential Wojo/Ojeleye drama).

Getting to play regionals in MSG is huge, IMO. Should have a good crowd there, particularly in a S16 game against a team from Texas.

UNC's bracket pisses me the fuck off though, considering they didn't deserve a 1 seed. They won't have to play a top 25 KP team until the E8 at the earliest. Ridiculous.

Yep. UNC is getting to the Final Four. UK won't even last long enough to match up with them. And if they do, it's not like UK didn't struggle with them the first time around.

I watched SMU today. They looked solid on both ends, but I think we should beat them pretty easily.

I have not watched SMU all season. I am curious - is part of Semi's success due to a newfound willingness to physically overpower people or is he mainly working around the perimeter?

One of his problems at Duke was his apparent unwillingness to use his strength.

rome8180 said:
Yep. UNC is getting to the Final Four. UK won't even last long enough to match up with them. And if they do, it's not like UK didn't struggle with them the first time around.

I watched SMU today. They looked solid on both ends, but I think we should beat them pretty easily.

I do think UCLA at its best can beat anyone. Basically need one of those two to get there for the first real roadblock. Better it be UK because of the crowd advantage they'll enjoy.

I think UCLA's fast pace and poor defense would play right into UNC's hand. Plus, UCLA has looked worse and worse to me as the year has gone on.

The one thing I like about UCLA wrt playing UNC is that their bigs play outside and can really shoot. The other thing is that they can play a pretty nasty zone defense.

I do think Meeks and Hicks would have a field day though.

rome8180 said:
I think UCLA's fast pace and poor defense would play right into UNC's hand. Plus, UCLA has looked worse and worse to me as the year has gone on.
Agree. I think they are the kind of team that UNC blows out. If they would slow it down and bomb away, they would have a chance.

This gif makes me happy in spite of the season coming to a pathetic end in a few days. Frank would be a great captain if he stayed more than 1-2 seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom