Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

I don't really understand why they can't do the DR trip without K. It's not like he seems to have much issue delegating these days...
Yeah, cancelling the trip because of this seems really weird. Would make for a great experience for Capel. He needs to be ready to take over next year.

I agree. The Bags angle is understandable - but who know which experience helps the team more - a few more practices with Bags or developing the young team now.

I'm thinking of what bets you guys want to see before the season begins wrt to Duke.

Obviously the pick the spread for each game will be there.

Futures bet for NCAA games won?
Futures bet for entire regular season games won (or would total losses be better)?
Futures bet for ACC games won?
Futures bet for ACC regular season title championship?
Futures bet for ACC tournament games won (or would just yes/no champ be better)?
Futures bet for series with UNC specifically? (i.e swept, split, sweep)
O/U for injuries resulting in at least one game missed?

Probably best to wait until right before the season starts to open the bets of course.

Futures bets are kind of tough with this type of currency. Ties up everyone's money without payouts for a long time. We would have to do a $100 universal payout every Monday or something to make sure people have money for daily/weekly bets while the rest of the money is tied up.

Over/under # of wins through the first X games would be a good one, since it doesn't lock our e-money in for an entire season without being able to do anything else with the e-money.

Over/under of 8.5 or 9.0 wins through the first 11 games makes sense. Includes games vs. MSU, Butler/Texas, someone else good (all neutral), and at Indiana.

That's a good idea, but it seems there are still situations where season-long futures bets are unavoidable, like NCAAT winner.

Edit: Okay, that's not the best example. Thinking more like regular season ACC winner, which it would be dumb to bet on once the first conference game is played but will still be a 2 month deal

Last edited:
Carter
Bagley
Trent
Allen
Duval
--------
Bolden
Tucker
DeLaurier
Vrank

There has to be some minutes for JD in there.

A completely different team for K to pilot. Very intrigued and hopeful but also very doubtful about this coming together.

Problem is any decent team will control tempo. Easy to slow down opponent, hard to speed them up. Virginia and Louisville will be back and set as soon as their shot goes up. UNC will try to run with Duke and that will be stupid. Need a half court offense.

I won't argue that this team lacks talent. I just don't think it fits together.

Problem is any decent team will control tempo. Easy to slow down opponent, hard to speed them up. Virginia and Louisville will be back and set as soon as their shot goes up. UNC will try to run with Duke and that will be stupid. Need a half court offense.

Not to mention how difficult it will be to run constantly with no guard depth. Allen and Duval will be exhausted.

This will be the first season when the answer to that old worn out message board question, "which former Duke player would help this team the most?" is undoubtedly and unanimously JJ Redick.

This will be the first season when the answer to that old worn out message board question, "which former Duke player would help this team the most?" is undoubtedly and unanimously JJ Redick.

for this team I actually think Quinn Cook would be a great answer. Defends, senior leadership, knocks down open threes, drives well.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom