Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

Am I an idiot for thinking trae young would have fit better for this team than trevon Duval?
No, BUT you've gotta think of the street cred we will get down the line for having Tricky Tre. NYC/Delaware kid. Nasty handles, nasty dunks, and incredible speed/athleticism/finishing ability. Like Billy Preston said, he was made in a lab. His broken jump shot sucks but we are so talented elsewhere, we can live with it.

Street credit to recruit that inner-city grit. That elite athleticism. Rippling back muscles and calves. Blacks.

Am I an idiot for thinking trae young would have fit better for this team than trevon Duval?
No, BUT you've gotta think of the street cred we will get down the line for having Tricky Tre. NYC/Delaware kid. Nasty handles, nasty dunks, and incredible speed/athleticism/finishing ability. Like Billy Preston said, he was made in a lab. His broken jump shot sucks but we are so talented elsewhere, we can live with it.
You make me want to hate duke basketball. Fuck street cred, give me a point guard that can space the floor any day over a broke jumper

You make me want to hate duke basketball. Fuck street cred, give me a point guard that can space the floor any day over a broke jumper
But we got ZERO street cred when Tyus Jones was running the show. So little street cred that there WASN'T a "Duke Starting Five" haircut. And who cares about national championships without street cred.

Obviously, our current crop of recruits are only here because of Brandon Ingram's tattoos.

It’s amazing we have finally personnel that masks all of the deficiencies of K’s defensive schemes. Though this team isn’t aware enough yet to make the right rotations (esp 2nd and 3rd rotations) we are so long and fast it’s hard to even force us into those rotations. Plus we have the ability to still rebound well even if out of position. The motor/length mentioned in other threads make up for all the typical issues we face year in and year out of not being fast enough to rotate or being caught out of rebounding position even if we did. Hopefully the team defense gets smarter as they get more reps and our defense continues to improve.

The same attritbutes make up for a lot on the offensive end too. Even with the lack of shooting from more than Grayson and Trent, the rebounding pressure we put on the other teams should still give us some space to operate.

I wasn’t sure how all these pieces would fit together but the high end athleticism is beyond any team maybe ever? In college that’s a big advantage.

After 2 games, it’s hard for me to imagine what this team would be like if Jackson or Kennard had stayed

Kennard definitely helps. I am not sure Jackson adds much. Seems to overlap too much with Allen and Duval.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom