Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2024-2025

How will this season end?

• Total voters
Proctor
Foster/Harris
Isiah/Kon
Cooper/Sean
KM/Pat

Current portal targets:
M. Brown-Cuse (visiting Duke now)
B. Angel-Stanford (visiting Duke this weekend)
M. Gillis-Purdue

I’ve read whispers of a Sean decision coming tomrw. Not sure which way?!

Last edited:
Could the strategy moving forward just bring in blue chip prospects and hit the portal hard for those junior/senior guys we've been lacking for a while?

I hope people are excited to see Duke without a massive talent advantage. Because that's what's going to happen if we switch to the portal model.
Why does it have to be all or nothing? You can’t want top tier HS talent and experience/developed talent from the portal? I don’t think anyone wants to see Duke eliminate a HS recruiting focus.

Duke will still recruit the sure OADs.

But I don't want a roster where there's little experience.

There's no reason to recruit players in HS that you won't play and they wind up transferring (Reeves, Schutt, etc). They do nothing but keep your program young. Use those scholarships for grad transfers and fill the rest of the roster with players you need from the portal to sprinkle with the top 5-10 ish players you get from HS each class.

Last edited:
The recruitment patterns might change again a bit when there are contracts. But this whole season made it seem like continuity actually matters less than age/experience at the college level.

We forced him out the door. He loved Duke and wanted to stay. But we're pursuing multiple transfer portal players at his exact position and with a similar skillset. One already committed.

Although I'd be disappointed as a fan, because of all his connections to duke, speaking based purely on the court basis, I think Brown is an upgrade. He's more ready to contribute next year, unless Stewart takes a huge step forward, which is at best a 50/50 proposition. Plus if Stewart takes that step, combined with his level of athleticism, he'll go to the draft next year. Whereas Brown can actually be counted on to be here 2 years as long as he get his NIL as he doesn't have quite what the NBA is looking for.

Last edited:
I like watching players develop over four, at least three years. Doesn't have to be all of them, that's not realistic anymore, but I mean there's enough room to have at least a few of those guys, so thank god for Proctor at least.

If truly hyper-optimized game theory strategy means only recruiting stud OADs while filling the rest of the roster with top flight 12-24 month transfers getting huge bags, i'd rather be a less winning program and not do this. That's not sour grapes either just because it appears duke won't, there's worse fates than not competing for the final four each year.

We're almost at the point with the degradation of the sport where i'd rather just cut loose from the pressures of being a top program, and enjoy competition in a regional, rump ACC, with strong geographic rivalries and where the focus is on winning the conference and conference titles, not just three weeks out of the season. Then a "disappointing" E8 season becomes a great bonus, not just angst.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom