Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2024-2025

How will this season end?

• Total voters
Would someone like AJ Hoggard be of interest to Duke? Shot 34.7% from 3, good assist% and low TO%. Not a good enough offensive player for a starter, but as someone off the bench he can hit an open 3 and not turn the ball over.

Non-conference schedule shaping up nicely this upcoming season:

Home vs. Maine
@ Arizona
vs. Kentucky in Atlanta (Champions Classic)
vs. Kansas in Las Vegas (NIL Tournament)
Home vs. SEC (ACC/SEC Challenge)

Non-conference schedule shaping up nicely this upcoming season:

Home vs. Maine
@ Arizona
vs. Kentucky in Atlanta (Champions Classic)
vs. Kansas in Las Vegas (NIL Tournament)
Home vs. SEC (ACC/SEC Challenge)

Is this a separate tourney? Says Duke is considering for 2025.

Honestly not sure. Hate that I'm excited for this upcoming season. Something will inevitably derail our one year with Cooper and Khaman.

DBR's most recent podcast says a player's parent feels like players were forced out. Said it's common knowledge that Scheyer plays his starters very heavy minutes and that Scheyer has already decided who is going to play next year. That the player felt like no matter what he did, he wouldn't be able to earn minutes.

I'm assuming this was Mitchell but would also apply to Stewart or Power. Or Roach.

"Very heavy minutes" relative to what or whom? I don't think we're some kind of outliers in starter minutes.

Scheyer's first year, we only had one guy (Roach) over 30 minutes, and 9 dudes in double-figure minutes.
Scheyer's second year it was a little more imbalanced, but that seemed to be the nature of having 4 returning starters.

Yeah, although Jon doesn't play a particularly deep bench he's not a run his starters into the ground guy either, I think his bench minutes is pretty much in the middle as far as upper tier power conference teams go. And the idea that a player feeling no matter what he did he's not going to get minutes, just reeks of an inability to self assess objectively.
Jon Scheyer, or any coach, is going to play you if he felt you gave the team the best chance to win. Maybe you feel like you've worked hard and improved, but maybe you aren't seeing that the guy in front of you is also working hard and improved too?

I'll say that based on an eye-ball test, it does like UVA, Missou, and Ohio State all allocated more minutes last year to guys 6 through 9 in the lineup than Duke did. But I also feel like a one-year, or even two-year sample is too small to decide what Scheyer does and doesn't do.

DBR's most recent podcast says a player's parent feels like players were forced out. Said it's common knowledge that Scheyer plays his starters very heavy minutes and that Scheyer has already decided who is going to play next year. That the player felt like no matter what he did, he wouldn't be able to earn minutes.

I'm assuming this was Mitchell but would also apply to Stewart or Power. Or Roach.
Why would it be Mitchell or Roach? They played plenty.

It's Stewart or Power.

Why would it be Mitchell or Roach? They played plenty.

It's Stewart or Power.
Wouldn't Schutt or Reeves be the most obvious answers?

Everything we've heard this offseason has been the same "no guaranteed minutes for everyone, want guys who compete blah blah" shtick, but I can see a frank conversation with one of those two guys about where they realistically stand at this point maybe being perceived that way.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom