Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Bball Alumni

I agree. No defense can handle having to cover for Trae and Bagley on the court at the same time, not even one with Wendell.

Basically that team just needed someone competent on both ends of the court. Duval didn't really fit that.

Basically that team just needed someone competent on both ends of the court. Duval didn't really fit that.
Too little shot creation. Only Allen and Duval could create shots, on the whole roster. Trent hardly put it on the floor, and didn't have good vision.

Compare that to the following year, when we started Tre, Reddish, RJ, and Zion.

An interesting thought. I am too young to have seen Grant Hill play live, and the injuries certainly hurt his career, but Tatum is right there in a vacuum already, IMO. The guy's a star.

Kyrie would have to be my number 1 right now, though.

Potentially- we are going to have Tatum, Zion, and Griffin in their primes at around the same time as 3 top 5 players in the world with a second tier of guys like Ingram, Carter, Trent, Bagley, Banchero, Barrett, Johnson, maybe Baldwin, etc. Then you have the third tier of guys like Curry, Tyus, Grayson, Plumlee, Kennard, Reddish, Stanley- all earning NBA paychecks for the foreseeable future.

This is not even including Jabari Parker and Jahlil Okafor, who were pretty much NBA busts, and Harry Giles, who by most accounts was a phenom before he shredded his knees.

The power of Krzyzewski's Duke will be felt for the next 20 years at least.

I think a goal of mine is to see a Duke player on all 30 teams at the same time.

One thing that jumped out to me: with Kemba off the floor, Tatum scores 31 pts per 75 possessions on 61% TS. Boston has a 117 offensive efficiency during these times. Not many players can run an elite offense like that.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom