Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2018-2019 Discussion

And I was actually watching the GaTech/uNC game and they threw up a graphic saying "uNC must win all remaining games to be bowl eligible", which made me chortle

I just assume with JGH and Jackson going out that we won the game but sacrificed the rest of the season plus bowl game.

Big props to Wareham for kicking effectively given the conditions. Also to the ref who correctly called the offensive PI.

Injury Report

Brittain Brown

RB
Undisclosed
is "?" Saturday vs North Carolina

Mark Gilbert
CB
Hip
is out for season

Joe Giles-Harris
LB
Knee
injured last game, is doubtful Saturday vs North Carolina

Jaylen Miller
T
Leg
is out for season

Koby Quansah
LB
Foot
is out indefinitely(surgery Oct 11)

Aaron Young
WR
Hamstring
is "?" Saturday vs North Carolina

Marvin Hubbard III
RB
Achilles
is out for season

Lummie Young
Safety
Out indefinitely

Damani Neal
Safety
Out Indefinitely

Jack Driggers
Special Teams
Out Indefinitely

Edgar Cerenord
DT
Achilles
Out for season

Quansah just played yesterday so he's no longer out (unless I missed something today) and I don't think JGH has officially been ruled doubtful for UNC game (though that may end up being the case).

Holt shit, Duke started at -12, down to -10.5. This can't be legit.

Quansah just played yesterday so he's no longer out (unless I missed something today) and I don't think JGH has officially been ruled doubtful for UNC game (though that may end up being the case).

These are the "Official Inveigle Status", to be known further as "OIS", and I knew Quanash was in for one series to see if he could go, but I didn't see him after that. The staff has speedy record times but damn he just had surgery.

But JGH did not return and I just don't see him playing against uNC if he has a MCL tear/sprain. In fact I'd like to see him sit out until after the Clemson game since we are getting crushed by them anyway. That way he gets another week to recover and play in the bowl game.

These are the "Official Inveigle Status", to be known further as "OIS", and I knew Quanash was in for one series to see if he could go, but I didn't see him after that. The staff has speedy record times but damn he just had surgery.

But JGH did not return and I just don't see him playing against uNC if he has a MCL tear/sprain. In fact I'd like to see him sit out until after the Clemson game since we are getting crushed by them anyway. That way he gets another week to recover and play in the bowl game.

Gotcha. I'm hip to the OIS now and will be on board moving forward.

I'm interested to see the snap totals for Quansah. It seemed to me that he played quite a bit. The only reason this stood out to me is, like you said, he just had surgery not too terribly long ago. I thought it was going to be doubtful for him to play again in the regular season and here he is playing (what seemed like a lot) just a few weeks after surgery. I was shocked.

Agree with you totally on JGH. Seems like a near certainty that he won't be available on Saturday but I guess we'll see.

Gotcha. I'm hip to the OIS now and will be on board moving forward.

I'm interested to see the snap totals for Quansah. It seemed to me that he played quite a bit. The only reason this stood out to me is, like you said, he just had surgery not too terribly long ago. I thought it was going to be doubtful for him to play again in the regular season and here he is playing (what seemed like a lot) just a few weeks after surgery. I was shocked.

Agree with you totally on JGH. Seems like a near certainty that he won't be available on Saturday but I guess we'll see.

Koby Quansah registered one tackle against Miami, so he may be back full speed for the uNC game

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1050575598857449472/aYPYGc3H_400x400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back