Duke Football 2018-2019 Discussion

Duke/VT line is mostly up to 6.5, as high as 7 at a few books. This is basically a must-win for Duke now.

I am disappointed in myself for making the mistake of putting faith in Duke today, guess I believed this team was that much better than the previous incarnations that had laid egg after egg in big home games. Won't be fooled again.

It's year 11 of the Cut era, and it's pretty clear what we are by this point, a middling ACC program that wins 6-8 games most years, occasionally going 4-8 in disaster years and 9-3 when everything goes right and the schedule is weak.

Today also served as a reminder that the DB coaching has been bad for years and Zac Roper is mediocre at best as an OC.

Last edited:
Just did a little research, and I found that Duke is 3-16 in night games against Power 5 schools during Cutcliffe's tenure. Beat UNC in 2012 and 2016 and Wake in 2014, lost all the rest. Absolutely brutal.

It should also be noted, as I believe has been done before, that we have never gone better than 2-2 at home in ACC play under Cut and have a better conference record on the road.

Everyone on the board was thinking 6-8 wins this year, and a certain loss to VPI. Nothing has changed, except that our back up QB might be more effective than Jones.

Just have to beat the awful teams left on the schedule and go bowling.

GaTech opens as a -3 point favorite as Duke goes to Atlanta Saturday for a 12:20 Kickoff

wooooooo it looks like the endless summer is finally going to be over by Saturday. 75 degrees at Bobby Dodd, will have to give that some thought.

I think there is a legit dislike between Cut and Paul Johnson that makes this one of the sneaky best games in the ACC if not the country. Since we won last, I am worried that PJ has spent the last 11 months living in a storage unit trying to figure us out.

Duke has won three out of the last four games:

2017/11/18 ----Duke----- 43 - Georgia Tech 20 W
2016/10/29 ----Duke ---- 35 - Georgia Tech 38 L
2015/09/26 ----Duke----- 34 - Georgia Tech 20 W
2014/10/11 ---- Duke----- 31 - Georgia Tech 25 W

Of course before that Duke won once in like twenty years of this series

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads