Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2020

Inveigle

All American
First time we've played NC State since 2009
  • 9/5 Middle Tennessee
  • 9/12 Elon
  • 9/19 Charlotte
  • 9/26 at Pittsburgh
  • 10/3 vs Wake Forest
  • 10/10 at North Carolina State
  • 10/17 vs North Carolina
  • 10/24 BYE
  • 10/31 at Notre Dame
  • 11/7 at Georgia Tech
  • 11/13 vs Virginia
  • 11/21 vs Virginia Tech
  • 11/28 at Miami

6-6 (3-5) feels like the best case scenario. Wouldn't be shocked if we bottomed out and went 4-8 or 3-9, though. I'd divide the games into the following tiers:

Heads Should Roll if we Lose

Middle TN, Elon, Charlotte

Toss-ups

Wake, NC State, UNC, GT, VT, Miami

I'll Believe a Win When I See it

Pitt, Notre Dame, UVA

Have to go 3-3 in the toss-up games to have much of a shot at a bowl game.

Must wins:
MTSU, Elon, Charlotte

Should win:
NCState, Georgia Tech

Toss-ups:
Wake, Virginia (I think UVA and Wake come back down to earth a bit next year), VaTech, Miami, UNC

Probable Losses:
Notre Dame, Pitt

I would like to see us go back to a bowl and I think it's definitely possible. However our offensive play-calling HAS GOT TO change. We'll see if it does with the moves we've made in the off-season on that side of the ball.

I just don't see us beating UVA, even though they should be weaker. We haven't been competitive with them at all since Bronco arrived in Charlottesville. Even got blasted by his 2-10 team in 2016, the last Duke FB game I attended. They have our offense completely figured out.

Without even bothering to look in depth at the teams we play, I’m going to guess we start out 4-0, completely soil ourselves as a small home favorite in Week 5 (likely in a night game), then proceed to lose a million games in a row as we all lose interest and then win the last week or something.

That’s 5-7. Response is to bring the staff back largely unchanged and do the same fucking thing again in 2021.

Looks like we might be in the market for a transfer portal Clemson back up QB, and even a Stanford OL

Die from Rona or die from heat stroke?

I don't care which sport we discuss coming back next, until we're back to normal it's just never going to happen. Wimbledon, Kentucky Derby, NFL season, NBA, NYSE, Congress, Roxboro High School, going out to eat! It just doesn't matter! We are going to have to hear the "all clear" before we emerge from our bunkers

Victor Dimukeje named to 2020 Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch List

image.jpeg

VICTOR DIMUKEJE, Duke, DE, 6-2, 265, Baltimore, MD: 122 career tackles, 24.5 career tackles for losses; majoring in evolutionary anthropology while pursuing a certificate in markets and management.

I recently had newly-signed blue devil football star, Jontavis Robertson, join me on a podcast episode. Feel free to give it a listen as he talks about what Duke fans can expect of him. Give it a listen!

Spotify: spoti.fi/3fyqJ1X

Apple Podcast: apple.co/3d5TukM

I believe it to be our best option is just to cancel the 2020 football season. Take the Duke Endowment and go to Tahiti.

Notre Dame joining a conference for football per this plan. It was only a matter of time, guess this situation was the catalyst. Was wondering what they would do, with most conferences banning non-conference games.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom