Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Roach-Christie-Griffin-Baldwin-Mark Williams with Coleman, Brakefield, Chandler, Baker, off the bench would be very nice.

sophomore at point guard and center with three really good freshman sandwiched into the starting lineup, all of the pieces fitting well, and then a bunch of versatile guys on the bench. I would like to have another shooter off the bench but that’s nitpicking.

Intrigued by Keels over Christie. He's a tank, a great shooter, Roach's boyo, more likely to stay an extra year (maybe convince Roach too as well) and UVA is the comp. Generally K knows what he's doing, but I'd hope he considers this carefully.

Intrigued by Keels over Christie. He's a tank, a great shooter, Roach's boyo, more likely to stay an extra year (maybe convince Roach too as well) and UVA is the comp. Generally K knows what he's doing, but I'd hope he considers this carefully.

Is this a new development or something? Keels just got CB'd to UVA on 247.

Baldwin at the game tonight. Good game to see. Hopefully he left at halftime.

More seriously, I hope we lock it up this weekend. He's the biggest piece in a season that might be K's last shot at another title.

Patrick Baldwin, Jr. was on campus for the VT game last night. Sat with the Crazies, etc.

Patrick Baldwin, Jr. was on campus for the VT game last night. Sat with the Crazies, etc.

In your learned opinion, sj, do you think Baldwin is coming to Duke?

I would be beyond shocked if he didn't. His favorite player is Jayson Tatum and he was allegedly the earliest offer ever for Coach K (freshman year). All the TEA LEAVES are certainly pointing in our direction, as well.

To add: Baldwin is good of course (elite shooter) but he's hardly a transcendent talent like Zion. As a matter of fact, Griffin is the jewel of the class according to most of Draft Twitter. So I would caution people on having unrealistic expectations for Baldwin.

I do think Griffin and Baldwin is an excellent pairing and will be the best pair of wings in the country, BUT . . .

My confidence in young talent being able to carry you to a national title has really taken a hit since I first started posting here. I think you need overwhelming young talent for it to work. Kentucky had AD. 2015 Duke- Okafor, Jones, and Winslow were all beyond excellent.

To me, we need Baldwin and Banchero on that '21 squad to be considered the clear cut favorites. Banchero is a 5-star forward/center from Seattle who is considering Gonzaga, Duke, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Banchero and Griffin are favorites of Draft Twitter.

1A: Griffin 1B: Banchero 3: Baldwin 4: Chandler 5: Christie

That's how I'd rank our main targets/commitments right now based on what I've seen and heard from others who watch AAU and high school more closely.

In terms of likelihood they're at Duke: Baldwin > Christie > Chandler > big gap > Banchero

I have gone from dreaming of a 37-3 type season in 2021-22 to thinking how the fuck are we going to handle random ACC teams on the road?

We're going to have gobs of RSCI 5 stars yet again but I'm not expecting anything different from 17, 18, 19, or 20.

Baker, Moore, and Hurt simply have to develop these next 2 years. (They won't if Javin and Jack are any indication)

But I'm sure the Hurt father is probably lobbying behind the scenes for Matthew to go pro this year and next year at the absolute latest.

And I'm not even worried about next year because we're going to be garbage. The only reason to watch will be D.J. Steward's shooting and to see the young guys progress.

Maybe a perfect storm happens and 2021-22 is still the juggernaut I once thought on paper. But even if all the talent aligns, we will be dealing with a 75-year-old who couldn't identify Zion Williamson as his best player in a do or die game against The Fucktard of February.

Fire K.

Axes I think you should take a week off and relax, tbh. As much as last night sucked we're never as bad as the last team we lost to, just like when we win we're not always as good as the team we beat (kansas)

He is teammates with Jeremy Roach.

I think Keels would be a big commitment, as it would keep him away from UVA also.

Keels plays against excellent competition. Paul VI Catholic the team he and Jeremy Roach are on is ranked in the top 25 nationally and they have wins over IMG, DeMatha Catholic, and Sierra Canyon, all ranked in the top 25.

I have no idea who the better shooter/player is between Christie and Keels, but I'm becoming increasingly fond of both Jeremy Roach and Keels. Apparently both are excellent defenders.

Christie and Keels are both good shooters.

Christie set a record for Team USA with 8 threes against the Dominican Republic last summer.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom