Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Probably just north of that, but we'll see.

Unless the freshman wings are not physically ready, should run 10 deep. History says this will not happen, though.

Other than Koby Brea for the backcourt, are we seriously targeting anyone else? We've got 10 players on the roster so far for 2025, but Harris won't play much and Ngongba will likely redshirt it sounds like. Not expecting a ton of time either for Kon, so adding an upperclassman guard to round out the 8 man rotation seems like all that is left for Scheyer and co.

PG Foster
SG Proctor, Harris
SF Flagg, Evans, Knueppel
PF Brown, Gillis
C Maluach, Ngongba

And apparently insiders think we have a good chance with him, potentially announcing Friday.

As you point out, an upperclassman guard to round out the roster is in play. Opinions vary on the type of player the Devils are seeking (penetrator/defender vs. someone who can knock down open shots, etc.).

@torontoduke obviously our 3-5 will be stout on the defensive end. So I guess it depends who would complement our guards/rest of the team the most. A penetrator/defender or a shooter. Don't know much about Foster's defense, but assuming it's not a strength given his size and lack of elite quickness to stay in front of his man. Proctor OTOH is a great defender given his length and size. Foster a better outside shooter than Proctor.

Gut says to go with a shooter, because I think our defense should be one of the best in the country. And I want as much space for Flagg to operate, because I do think he'll be prone to turning it over if teams sag off our other guys.

Last edited:
this is the first time Duke is very active in the transfer portal, to the point of remaking most of the roster. It's been a fun experience so far. I'm down to do this every off-season.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom