Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Friday Night Lights vs. Miami

I just want Duke to not lose in a blowout. Anything better than that will be fine for me personally (with the exception of losing on bullshit fluky play that shouldn't have counted anyway).

hqdefault.jpg

I think Duke was capable of a lot better than what you saw last night. If somebody blocks the guy blitzing up the middle on the first drive, or if Jones doesn't underthrow an easy touchdown pass by 10 yards, you have a different game. That's just 2 plays. A lot of bad drops too. Miami is going to lose some games this year that will have us scratching our heads about that one.

The playcalling early on plays where we needed 1 yard or less was terrible.

I think I'm on the Faris has to go or be reassigned train. When you've got multiple 4-star-type WRs with 4.4-4.5 speed who can't run a route well enough to get separation or consistently high point a ball away from their body and catch it, that's an issue of coaching, not talent.

Marcus Johnson... I'm still on the fence. He's not a complete disaster like Faris, and run blocking was good yesterday, but the OL has never been a strength under him, despite improving talent.

If we're going by position group development, Albert, Boyette, and Knowles have seemed to be consistently good. Guerrieri, Jones, and Roper have seemed to be okay given their talent. Bridges, questionable so far. Faris and Johnson... not good enough for who they've had to work with.

Inveigle. That was an insufficient quantity of ruckus.

Man, my ball sack feels like a punching bag on this thread.

Dropped passes, silly penalties, bad play calling, missed assignments, poor execution, are all things you cannot do against a well coached athletic team playing with confidence. But we all never figured Duke to be at 4-1 this deep into the season. Duke will get better.

Inveigle, on a board full of glass half empty members, you stand like a beacon of glass half fullness.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom