Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

deepdarkblue said:
Grayson is an awfully white name. I'm going to pretend it's Gra'Shon, instead. Gra'Shon is a baller, Grayson plays tennis with Bitsy at the club.

Only other Grayson I can think of that plays ball is this guy. Also white. But a baller, though.
pg2_g_boucher1_sy_576.jpg

What's this I keep hearing about him not being able to play defense at a recent AAU tourney? And then I've seen others hitting TDD with the ;) saying he'll be "adding a star". I'm all for that if it's legit........so........for anyone that has actually seen him, is it legit?

Apparently, in true Duke fashion, he was not 100%. Bullis mentioned he'd be getting an MRI of his knee soon.

I've only seen still photos of him, so I have no idea how good he is.

K seems to have a great eye for this position/type of player. I'm excited, but confused by the mixed reaction. I know trick dribbles and dunk shots don't 100% guarantee a Nat'l Championship, but I'm glad to see he can get above the rim and has some dribble n shake to his game.

Dleslie42 said:
What's this I keep hearing about him not being able to play defense at a recent AAU tourney? And then I've seen others hitting TDD with the ;) saying he'll be "adding a star". I'm all for that if it's legit........so........for anyone that has actually seen him, is it legit?

Yeah, pretty much everyone who watched him last weekend was unimpressed, especially with his defense, and how his coach subbed him out on defensive possessions down the stretch. We all pretty much loved him until that.

That said, hopefully an injury had a lot to do with it.

ETA: I've never seen him, to clarify.

WorldStar HipHop said:
rhfarmer said:
Telep if full of shit.

Fixed.

LOL @ recruiting "experts"

Pretty much all of could do his job.

Telep runs the Carolina Challenge and works for US basketball in addition to having covered recruiting for something like 3 decades. There is a big difference between being full of shit, and working with a lot of assholes. Telep works with a lot of assholes.

Gray Jay is such a great nickname for Grayson J. Allen. I'm definitely stealing it.

Having met and worked with Telep, I can tell you he has earned every damn thing hes gotten. You dont know 1/15th the work and effort he gives to his job.

One thing that should endear Allen to Duke fans no matter how he pans out is the fact that a Duke offer seems to be everything he ever worked for in basketball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dream Fulfilled: http://jacksonville.com/sports/high-sch ... en-commits

Providence’s Grayson Allen said that he just knew where he wanted to play basketball growing up -- for the Duke Blue Devils. So on Wednesday afternoon, the Times-Union’s boys basketball player of the year, verbally committed to Duke, the program that's been on his mind ever since he picked up a basketball full-time.

The more I learn about this kid the more I think he is what Duke stands for and will be a great addition. I love that he didn't let the naysayers get him down. He set a goal and set fuck you all I am doing this.

Grayson Allen receives offer from Duke:
Greatest day of his life, commits immediately, hopes to spend 4 years at Duke.

Shabazz Muhammad receives offer from Duke:
Tells K to fly to Las Vegas during the holidays if K wants to have any chance of getting him, while already knowing he is going to UCLA, has no plans to spend more than 1 semester in school.

Most would prefer Muhammad?

Congrats to Duke-Forum for calling this one. Truly the best source for Duke bball news.

rhfarmer said:
WorldStar HipHop said:
rhfarmer said:
Telep if full of shit.

Fixed.

LOL @ recruiting "experts"

Pretty much all of could do his job.

Telep runs the Carolina Challenge and works for US basketball in addition to having covered recruiting for something like 3 decades. There is a big difference between being full of shit, and working with a lot of assholes. Telep works with a lot of assholes.
I don't give a fuck what he runs or what he covers or who he works with.

Given that his his recruiting evaluations are surprisingly shallow/vague, I'm convinced that you or I could be a recruiting expert in little to no time.

The whole "recruiting expert" thing is a fucking scam.

I was fortunate enough to work at a few football camps and it after those experiences I realized that I could become the next writer for 247Sports.

There are frigging bloggers out there who give better (and free!) breakdowns of a HS player's game.

Thain said:
The more I learn about this kid the more I think he is what Duke stands for and will be a great addition.

Is it because he's wearing khakis and boat shoes in his commitment ceremony?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom