Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

The last two years of his Duke career just weren't very enjoyable, and I can't say I'll miss having him in uniform for us next year. It was always going to be tough to top his title game heroics in 2015 and All-American caliber season in 2016, but 2017 and 2018 were shitshows, by and large. Gutted that shot rimmed out on him at the end of regulation tonight, though. Would have given us one final amazing memory that might have made his last two seasons feel worth it after all.

If that ball just comes right off the rim to begin with, Bagley probably gets it for the easy put-back.

Whispers <it was an awful decision to iso Grayson>

It's great to have the last shot when tied, but the downside is you have to call a crappy iso play just to make sure you don't turn it over and lose on a fast break dunk. Of course it should have been Trent iso rather than Grayson, but Duke never figured out late game offense.

I mean was that last shot the difference between hanging his jersey and not? I feel like it was.

Either way, it is going to be hard to imagine a Grayson Allenless Duke team.

Last edited:
Fair point, but those plays were successful because he drew contact and got the call. There was never going to be a foul call on that last play. Still, it wasn't the worst play they could have called, or the best one. It was in between those two extremes.

Grayson’s performance and what we expected from him absolutely buckled under tremendous expectation over the course of his college career. He is not one to be the alpha leader, he is meant to be the scrappy underdog.

I think I’m most disappointed in how little he progressed defensively, his propensity for bone headed errors and generally not really stepping up in games where senior leaders do so aside from early against MSU.

It saddens me that there is no redemption story but I am glad to see him go. He ran his course here and there was no winning for him without winning it all.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom