Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I'm a wreck

It's actually an accumulation of life choices. I've chosen poorly over and over. The good news is that, barring health problems or an accident, you have a long time to figure it out and even get it back on track if you fuck up.

That is a lot of difficult news to process in such a short period of time. I wish you the best.

uncy12 said:
I'm gonna get through this, it just sucks. A month ago, I was looking forward to college, and was having a great summer.Most of my solid friend core is gone, and now I feel like I just hit rock bottom.

I hated that part too. The only option I saw was to establish the same thing in college. Unfortunately it doesn't happen overnight and it won't feel the same at first, but eventually you'll make great friends in college and hopefully a lot of them will be completely different from people you would have been close to in high school.

Plus, when you come home for breaks you will have your old crew to hang with. But you really don't want to be the guy that waits all year for his friends to get home from college to finally have someone to hang out with.

Rollins said:
uncy12 said:
I'm gonna get through this, it just sucks. A month ago, I was looking forward to college, and was having a great summer.Most of my solid friend core is gone, and now I feel like I just hit rock bottom.

I hated that part too. The only option I saw was to establish the same thing in college. Unfortunately it doesn't happen overnight and it won't feel the same at first, but eventually you'll make great friends in college and hopefully a lot of them will be completely different from people you would have been close to in high school.

Plus, when you come home for breaks you will have your old crew to hang with. But you really don't want to be the guy that waits all year for his friends to get home from college to finally have someone to hang out with.
Exactly, it's hard now though. I'm out of class until January. I was starting to form a solid crew at where I was, and now I don't know where to find new friends until next semester. Might as well work out a lot considering I have a lot of time.

Are you close enough to where you can go up and hang out with them even while you're not yet back in school?

Some of them are like 45 minutes away. Have three or four weekends planned so far for visits. Might take a trip up to Uconn,Temple, Pitt, have a road trip to Boston planned in October so I'll still see them. The school I was going to is like 5 1/2 hours away but I might take a visit up there in November.

My good friends fall into two groups:

1) People I have known since high school or earlier

2) People I met at the pizza place where I worked in college

The latter were all really smart underachievers. We would get out of work at midnight and go to the bar attached to the restaurant. When the bar closed we'd go down the street to my friend's house and hang out on his porch. Then we'd show up to work at five pm the next day and do the same thing. Needless to say, there was not much school work being done.

Not a bad idea. I'm really debating what to do next semester. I could go back 5 1/2 hour hours away since I took a leave of absence or stay home and save about 5 grand.

thewiseben said:
This may seem like an odd suggestion, but if you want a new group of friends, start working at a restaurant. You will instantly find people with more fucked up lives than yours who are somewhere between incredibly creepy and incredibly awesome to hang out with.

Some of the most fun I had in college was working as a dishwasher in a gourmet restaurant in the summers. It was me and a bunch of ex-cons and el salvadoran dudes. We had good times and I never had to worry about finding alcohol.
Definitely agree. Some of the most interesting people I've ever worked with were cons on work release at a restaurant. Aside from that, the only friends from HS that I am still close with were ones that I also worked with at the restaurant.

Highly endorse the restaurant suggestion for meeting new people.

Also, it's good to have something to do as well as earn some disposable income.

Just don't take out student loans, seriously you'll thank me when you don't have a ton after graduating and not even using your degree of choice.

Definitely work at a restaurant while you still seem normal doing it. They all fuck each other and are mostly hot. Free drinks also.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom