Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Javin DeLaurier

Yep. Leave out the guy who could actually get into Duke as a student. I hope Javin takes this slight and uses it as fuel to win the CBB citizen of the year award.

He and Tatum will look great in the back court together. K needs to go ahead and shove Allen out the door.

Is he our next Lance Thomas? His shot motion reminds me of Hood for some reason.

I am hoping his offense makes the transition from high school to college better than Lance's or Hairston's. His mixtapes don't look too far off from theirs.

I just want him to be able to shoot 3s and defend while playing the 4 or 5. I doubt he will be able to do much off the dribble or post up effectively at the collegiate level and that's fine with me.

On the other hand, I just saw that he was recruited by Nate James. Fucked.

Local paper writeup of his final home game:
http://www.dailyprogress.com/sports/sta ... ef3ac.html

The visiting Saints knew all about Montgomery-DeLaurier, and marked the future Duke Blue Devil every time that Saint Anne’s had the ball.

Despite being a marked man, Montgomery-DeLaurier tallied 17 points and pulled down a team-high 17 rebounds. He is the third STAB boys basketball player to have his jersey retired, and the first since Brett Goodlow in 2009.

“It’s been very special coaching him,” Kent said. “Me knowing the way he listens to us, and to go to Coach K and their coaching staff and what they’re going to be able to give him, I just look forward to seeing him grow.”

TL;DR - Another soft Dookie.

By the numbers, he has regressed this season. Very disappointing.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/javin-m ... -stats.htm

This guy may just steal my heart away from Amile:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ he will be the shining light for 2 years after k retires and we spiral into obscurity.

Granted it's on very limited attempts, but the fact that he's shooting 41% from three for his high school career is very encouraging. Maybe he can add that to his game before Lance did. He should have more of a jumper than Amile anyway.

Very impressive human. It's so hard to think that a guy like that might not see any meaningful PT this year.

Either he's not seeing playing time or Jeter is not. As a big Jeter fan, I'd prefer it to be Javin who doesn't. I think the chance of a freshman like him transferring is less than a sophomore who gets beat out by multiple freshmen.

(I actually think the chance of either transferring is very low.)

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom