Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jeremy Roach

I mean there's no way it's as simple as Scheyer literally "choosing" Foster over Roach? I thought SMTTEM was just posting his usual tongue-in-cheek. I know we'll never get the full story on background but there's obviously extenuating circumstances beyond that
Nah, Jon pushed hard for his return, I've heard.
Really? I heard the opposite. Bringing in a transfer portal guard and wanting to move on from Roach. I don’t get it, but I’m not making it up.

I’m a bit surprised that there’s seemingly no return possibility. It would make sense to explore the NIL market, use it as leverage, and return to Duke for a bump in pay.
I think its NBA first and NIL second.
So NIL then
Probably, but the NBA part is why he can’t NIL at Duke, Jon isn’t going to wait until June 16th to set his roster for next year, by then all the quality portal players have all committed.

I mean there's no way it's as simple as Scheyer literally "choosing" Foster over Roach? I thought SMTTEM was just posting his usual tongue-in-cheek. I know we'll never get the full story on background but there's obviously extenuating circumstances beyond that
Really? I heard the opposite. Bringing in a transfer portal guard and wanting to move on from Roach. I don’t get it, but I’m not making it up.
We're not even pursuing a portal guard right now.

I'm also not making it up. I don't really want to have a "source battle," so let's just say I didn't read it on a message board.

Given that Jon called Roach the most important player in Duke history just a month or so ago, it seems unlikely that he then turns around and pushes him out the door. If I hear otherwise, I'll happily post here that I was wrong. It's certainly happened many times before.

We're not even pursuing a portal guard right now.

I'm also not making it up. I don't really want to have a "source battle," so let's just say I didn't read it on a message board.
No source battle here… and my info isn’t from a message board either. Let’s see what happens.

Given that Jon called Roach the most important player in Duke history just a month or so ago, it seems unlikely that he then turns around and pushes him out the door. If I hear otherwise, I'll happily post here that I was wrong. It's certainly happened many times before.
History ≠ Future 😉
(Sorry, I’ll stop now 🤐)

I don’t think Jon pushed him out.

My guess is that yeah maybe Jeremy doesn’t have complete self awareness of himself as a pro prospect, but sometimes you need that self belief/ego to even be one to start with. There are plenty of instances that scouts (or in the business world investors) get wrong, and that chip on a shoulder can be a powerful motivator. Without it, it doesn’t make him as good as he has been at the collegiate level to start with. And maybe unlike at UNC, he’s tired of seeing everybody else go and being the lone stalwart and that irks at him and also unlike UNC where RJ is clearly the #1 option, he wants that for himself for once to prove what he can do and doesn’t want to be so overshadowed by Flagg. In any case, rationally it doesn’t make sense but he’s not mentally here for it then it’s probably better he move on. Sometimes people just can’t get over their own mental hurdles and a change of scenery is needed.

I’m bummed but it’s not hard to craft a mental narrative for him wanting to move on.

I can't pretend I'm not dejected, I'll miss him and the memories created as he grew in the program. With him essentially being the last link to Coach K, this absolutely hurts.

It’s a business to everyone involved but the fans. Why fault a kid for maximizing his earnings and getting the highest 💰 he can?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom