Player Khaman Maluach

I’m curious who this big monster will go up against everyday in practice if Pat isn’t ready to compete at a high level yet.

Reactions: Slap the Floor
ESPN is saying these games are in Cairo, and he’s playing in Brooklyn tomorrow? That’s a 12hr flight. Anything better than looking terrible tomorrow would be impressive. Back to back to back games with a 12hr flight before the final game.

Reactions: torontoduke
I'm coming around on him. I was worried he could turn into a Skal/Bradshaw type bust. But if he's playing against 30 year olds, which I got to believe is higher level of competition than HS aged basketball in the US.

Then I think he will be a bigger Yves Missi, who put up .622 TS%, 14.6 OR%, 7.3 BLK%, at 23 MPG. If he can duplicate those numbers it's going to be a good year.

Last edited:
I'm coming around on him. I was worried he could turn into a Skal/Bradshaw type bust. But if he's playing against 30 year olds, which I got to believe is higher level of competition than HS aged basketball in the US.

Then I think he will be a bigger Yves Missi, who put up .622 TS%, 14.6 OR%, 7.3 BLK%, at 23 MPG. If he can duplicate those numbers it's going to be a good year.

This is Egypt man, they haven't won anything in 2500 years

He looked virtually unplayable at the Nike hoops summit.

So pardon me if a game against overmatched sheep herders and coal miners doesn’t exactly change my expectations after seeing him play for the first time against NBA athletes and a heightened level of physicality.

Here he is playing against Libya, putting up 16 pt 19rb 7 blocks .
And before you say "it's Libya", the guy he went up against is Jo Acuil, a 7footer who was All Big12 in 2018 for Baylor, putting up 14 pt, 9 rb, 2 blk as a senior that year, who's now a 29 year old sixth year pro who has played in the Israeli League and Australian League.
He's not going up against plumbers and firemen.

I watched this entire replay, like a fucking psycho. Looks like all of the games get archived on the YouTube channel. Second half was a lot better than the first for him.

I do wish he was going to be in Durham this summer. Just some basic coaching stuff like keeping his hands high will help a lot.

One encouraging note - #41 in black is a 7-footer who was 3rd Team All-Big 12 for Baylor in 2018.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil