Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kids

I think I will shield any kids from this. They will be fans of a double A baseball team or something, where the score doesn’t matter and free hot dog night and fireworks night are huge wins.
“Mommy, why does Sean leave us between February and early April?”

My wife went to Carolina, so I could choose to raise my child a Carolina fan and save him from this terrible burden. That would be the ultimate parenting sacrifice - raise an argyle-wearing child that I despise, but massively improve his overall happiness.

ETA: I'm posting this at 5:00am because the little fucker decided that 4:00am was the time he wanted to wake up today, so I am thinking I will continue to raise him as a Duke fan as punishment.

Last edited:
My daughter decided to watch her first NCAAT game with me last night. She turns 5 this month, and refers to Duke as "the Dukes".

She loves the uniforms.

Is she Brent Mussburger? He would always call it The Cameron.

I think it was Bob Knight when he was announcing that called them The Dukes.

Is your daughter a MAGA?

Is she Brent Mussburger? He would always call it The Cameron.

I think it was Bob Knight when he was announcing that called them The Dukes.

Is your daughter a MAGA?
My daughter is awesome and incredible and when she rules the world, I will suggest to her that she have mercy on you.

My child just hit 8 weeks yesterday. Not having fun, to be quite frank. There was a reason I didn't want any from the jump, but gave in to appease the wife.

I just read this entire thread from the beginning. An interesting read given the current circumstances.

Pray for me.

My two boys are wild and frustrating, but they pretty awesome most of the time. It'll probably just take some time for you to adjust.

Yeah, 05, don't give up hope, man. Kids can be amazingly cool people, even if they need help and are whiny sometimes. Then other times they'll bust out something more thoughtful and empathetic than what 90% of adults would ever express.

My child just hit 8 weeks yesterday. Not having fun, to be quite frank. There was a reason I didn't want any from the jump, but gave in to appease the wife.

I just read this entire thread from the beginning. An interesting read given the current circumstances.

Pray for me.

I will say, started getting more fun around 4 months for us. They go from little blobs to something that actually starts to move and act like a human being. Still at almost six months it's tough and more worrying/stressful/etc than fun most of the time, but it definitely gets better.

It’s interesting seeing how spazzy my kids become after being holed up in the house for days on end. I’m upstairs working from home, but I’m pretty sure I just heard my soon-to-be 4-year-old running around downstairs screaming, “KONNICHIWA! KONNICHIWA!”

Pray for me.
It’s been a year.

[Adam Scott] Are we having fun yet? [/Adam Scott]

Ha. Good find.

Certainly much better than those first eight (hell, 12) weeks. That was brutal.

Like so many here said, once he started to show some personality, recognize us and things around him, could at least partially understand us, etc., it totally changed things.

Though he's still not sleeping through the night. And that is infuriating.

While it's way more enjoyable than it was early on, I've still got zero desire to do it ever again. My wife, her family, and my family are convinced and praying I'll change my mind, but that's not happening.

Though he's still not sleeping through the night. And that is infuriating.

That is rough. My son went through phases around that age doing something similar. Did yours ever sleep through the night? All of a sudden we'd hit these regressions but after a couple of weeks he'd come out of it and go back to sleeping. Just gotta ride the waves.

Now my son is 18 months and fights his naps super hard every day, which is driving me nuts while I try to work.

I can count on one hand the number of times he's slept through the entire night. And he's almost 15 months. One of those nights was about two weeks ago. My wife and I woke up at 7:30 and wondered what the hell was going on. He was still asleep. Of course we got our hopes up that maybe he figured things out, but things went right back to normal the next night. We actually hired a "sleep coach" to help us and while it certainly improved things, the changes and plan she put in place for us did not result in him sleeping through the night as she promised.

We've been lucky so far WRT his napping. Outside of a week about two months ago, he's never had an issue napping. He goes down relatively easy and sleeps at least two hours, sometimes three. If we lose his napping, like you and many of our friends have warned us, I'm gonna worry about my mental and emotional well being even more than I already am.

I can count on one hand the number of times he's slept through the entire night. And he's almost 15 months. One of those nights was about two weeks ago. My wife and I woke up at 7:30 and wondered what the hell was going on. He was still asleep. Of course we got our hopes up that maybe he figured things out, but things went right back to normal the next night. We actually hired a "sleep coach" to help us and while it certainly improved things, the changes and plan she put in place for us did not result in him sleeping through the night as she promised.

We've been lucky so far WRT his napping. Outside of a week about two months ago, he's never had an issue napping. He goes down relatively easy and sleeps at least two hours, sometimes three. If we lose his napping, like you and many of our friends have warned us, I'm gonna worry about my mental and emotional well being even more than I already am.

That is terrible. I have no good advice, but just try to keep your sanity. I imagine it has to pass at some point.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom