Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

I watched the last six minutes again. Bolden hedges better than any Big we have. He forced a bad shot, a bad pass out of bounds, disrupted a dribble, dove on the floor and got fouled. Plus, he fouled the dude that had been bullying Carter into fouls and that guy missed two FT's. In that small span of four or five trips down the floor Duke opened up it's winning margin.

Our best man to man defensive lineup would probably involve DeLaurier and Bolden. Too bad it would be a disaster on offense.

Bolden hedges with such enthusiasm and he's so long it's really fun to watch. Bagley has no idea what to do defensively on the PnR, but I wonder if that's because sometimes he's told to switch depending on the personnel who is doing the screening.

Honestly though, I am rewatching the last seven minutes of this game and his defense was kind of spectacular. At some point I want to chart every great play he made.

I watched the last six minutes again. Bolden hedges better than any Big we have. He forced a bad shot, a bad pass out of bounds, disrupted a dribble, dove on the floor and got fouled. Plus, he fouled the dude that had been bullying Carter into fouls and that guy missed two FT's. In that small span of four or five trips down the floor Duke opened up it's winning margin.
Bolden bringin' the ruckus!

I have upgraded him from human detritus to merely below average

Demoted again

We all got suckered cause of the kid glove bullshit that Duke twitter, Coach K and Grayson have been heaping on him all year. Disgustingly bad offensive player. It's hard to imagine a more futile possession than one in which the ball makes its way to him. Still a horrible rebounder too, even against bad teams.

I'm not falling into the trap of grading him on his own special-ed kind of curve. Not with the amount of bullshit that went into his recruitment.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure that Bolden would be a servicable player as a senior were he to stay four years at this point. He's pretty putrid at all major aspects of basketball.

What a giant step back. He’ll be remebered as a timing tragedy - could’ve been a top 10 pick and been guaranteed millions if the OAD rule had never been implemented or had gone away a few years sooner. Fell into the 10-year window in which he wouldn’t have been an automatic millionaire.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom