Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

Javin instead of Bolden is one of the many mind boggling things about this game.

Yeah, even though Javin played very well for Javin, Bolden at least needs to be guarded by the other team.

After a few years of watching him play basketball, walk to and from class, sleep, etc., I feel like he's someone who could benefit a lot from seeing a Feldenkreis-type movement and balance coach.

He's got this massive frame, but gets knocked off balance pretty easily for his size. Not sure if it's ankles, core, or what, but I think that's why he sometimes doesn't finish as strongly as it seems like he should or gets knocked back when defending a postup.

It's kind of the opposite of Bagley, who, despite being much smaller and probably less impressive in the weight room, has no problem dunking through everybody and jumping without needing to gather at all. Those little muscles seem underappreciated in sports training.
Greybeard?

Why the hell did DeLaurier get all of his minutes in the second half and OT?
Have to assume bc K didn't think Bolden could chase smaller players around the perimeter. But if Carter could do it, no reason Marqueem the Dream couldn't.

From NBADraftroom

Strengths

Bolden has really good size and great length, making him a potential force in the paint on both ends of the floor. His 7-5 wingspan and above average athleticism give him a lot of upside potential as a rim protector. He does a nice job of blocking or changing shots without fouling and has good discipline as a defender. Does a good job of staying vertical and uses his length well.

Can guard pretty well on the perimeter for a big guy showing quick feet and good lateral movement.

He shows potential on the offensive end, even if he's still very raw. He might not be a #1 option on offense but his post up ability, along with his willingness to do the dirty work (like setting screens and crashing the boards) makes him a high value offensive player.

He excels at crashing the offensive glass and getting put-back buckets, showing a good ability to follow the ball and predict the rebound.

His length and jumping ability allow him to play above the rim and dunk with ease.

Moves well up and down the court for a center, with long fluid strides. Is light on his feet and has good suddenness for a Big.

Weaknesses
Needs to get stronger and turn his solid frame into muscle.

Is still very raw and will likely take a few years to become a polished low post scorer. Doesn't have much range on his shot and isn't a very good free throw shooter. Needs to gain a better understanding of the game and get better at finding teammates out of the double team.

One of the more accurate scouting reports I've read. Most scouting reports of Duke players seem bad simply because the people writing them aren't nearly as familiar with the players as I am. For example, Tatum's defense was continually undersold pre-draft. This was very good though.

Was just looking at Chase Jeter's sophomore stats and Bolden's sophomore stats.

It's crazy how much better Bolden was.

Bolden obliterates Jeter in ORtg, DRtg, TRB%, and BPM- all at a higher USG%.

DeLaurier does the same thing.

We've got two 20-year-old juniors who are going to be defensive studs without demanding lots of touches.

Was just looking at Chase Jeter's sophomore stats and Bolden's sophomore stats.

It's crazy how much better Bolden was.

Bolden obliterates Jeter in ORtg, DRtg, TRB%, and BPM- all at a higher USG%.

DeLaurier does the same thing.

We've got two 20-year-old juniors who are going to be defensive studs without demanding lots of touches.

Jeter was a nervous nellie with bad hands and no strength for a big guy down in the paint. And Bolden was paying hurt most of this past season. It just takes longer for big guys to develop. and it seems he is progressing at a decent pace. He is a rim protector and a space eater with his size. If he comes on with any offense it will be a plus gain for Duke this season.

Jeter was a nervous nellie with bad hands and no strength for a big guy down in the paint. And Bolden was paying hurt most of this past season. It just takes longer for big guys to develop. and it seems he is progressing at a decent pace. He is a rim protector and a space eater with his size. If he comes on with any offense it will be a plus gain for Duke this season.

Look at the UNC game. He looked pretty damn good offensively when he got touches. He was 4-4 from the field.

Here is the UNC film:

Bolden scoring plays:

2:53
3:03
3:22
3:30 (big Bolden block)
5:25

I am trying my best not to be too bullish or unrealistic or homerish about this team, but the more I think about the pieces and how they fit, the more excited I get.

Reactions: TBC

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom