Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

Why settle for a second round pick though, he can come back, be the starter next year, and get drafted in the top 15 a la Willie Cauley-Stein next year.

Same reasons any Duke player settles for being a second round pick. Raising draft stock as you get older is usually a losing battle, school isn’t fun for everyone, making money sooner, getting started sooner on what you’re going to be doing for the rest of your life, etc.

This is a guy who almost transferred last offseason and will have to compete again next season for any playing time. He’s definitely not locked in as a starter next season.

I'm hoping he's become indoctrinated enough that we will get some gratuitous Players Tribune article this summer about why he, despite being a legitimate 7th man on a final-32 team, is choosing to come back to get his degree early and how hashtagthebrotherhood has helped him transition from Marqueef to Markeem and blah blah blah.

Last edited:
I'm hoping he's become indoctrinated enough that we will get some gratuitous Players Tribune article this summer about why he, despite being a legitimate 7th man on a final-32 team, is choosing to come back to get his degree early and how hashtagthebrotherhood has helped him transition from Marqueef to Market and blah blah blah.
Chase Jeter once wrote an article like that.

Officially terrified that he will leave now. He is too good. Maybe this is just me over-examining and hyping up one of our guys.

I gotta figure out how to make a gif avatar that rotates between pics of Derryck Thornton, Chase Jeter, Jordan Tucker and Duval.

While there's a bit of fools gold effect happening at the moment, Bolden has been a positive component on this team. I used to be filled with happiness watching him grab a rebound where no one was within 10 feet. Now I'm at the point where I'm begging for him to get the ball when we are in desperate need of a momentum-stopping bucket. The highlight of this season for me. When this ship sinks in the round of 32, I'll watch highlights of Bolden's maturation.

There's something really endearing about him. He somehow feels like a new version of Marshall Plumlee except that he was a top 10 player coming out of high school.

Nice to see the confidence begin to catch up to his ability. Being somewhat healthy probably helps him as well.

He's going to be the oldest guy in the rotation next year and K will have to rely on him being a leader. Jav plays too dumb too. I'd guess Bolden and maybe Tre.

kGfePVv.png

I just watched the last 10 minutes again, we held unc scoreless for the final 3:15 and without Carter (fouled out) for the last 2:58. That is pretty freaking huge. I know Bolden missed at least one free throw in the second half and didn't score much but I think a switch has turned on for him! He also swatted the Hell out of a Woods shot at the 12:30 mark of the second half. They wound up with a jumper by Maye on the possession that rattled around and went in but I love Bolden's activity! He has been a Beast on the boards and filling in in the zone without us missing a beat. He probably won't have a 10+ point game the rest of this season but you have to have lunch pale guys like him in March and if you want to make it into early April. He just needs to keep it up and be a bench version of Lance Thomas in 2010. I didn't realize his value to the zone. Please no more Javin this season unless it's extremely short spurts.

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom