Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marques Bolden

Marques already seems prone to fatigue and a little extra weight. So I'm sure sitting out has more of an effect on him there than on lean guys like Tatum or Giles.

I didn't think he should have been benched after two fouls yesterday. But K also rode the hot hands. And that's fine for now. As you guys said above, we should be able to get plenty of minutes for him and everyone else before ACC play starts.

Does he get decent minutes today, or does K keep Tatum at the 4 for most of the game? Hopefully he's at least a little less rusty and nervous than Tues.

That is the only interesting question to be answered today, in my opinion.

I just wonder if Jeter cuts into minutes that should go to Bolden, due to the homecoming factor.

(Accidentally typed "homocoming" and debated leaving it.)

Pantone287 said:
Does he get decent minutes today, or does K keep Tatum at the 4 for most of the game? Hopefully he's at least a little less rusty and nervous than Tues.

That is the only interesting question to be answered today, in my opinion.

Could be a good game to rest Allen, in which case I bet Tatum plays mainly at the 1-3, and there's more room for frontcourt guys.

Vote to change the name of this thread to 'Tony Porker'?

His mojo has looked totally gone post-injury. Appears lost, mentally overwhelmed, and lacking confidence. Seems like he's trying to do too much rather than just being huge.

Hopefully K will bestow some confidence-building minutes upon him against Elon rather than playing Matt Jones for 40 minutes in a meaningless game. Sucks he's not going to have much of a break-in period before ACC play.

Doesn't know how to play basketball. Completely lost on offense and defense.

I got a ton of crap on TDD for not buying into the hype of this guy. I said I thought he was slow, lazy didnt play good defense and didnt bring anything really on offense. I was called crazy and didnt know basketball for saying that. Well so far hes looked lazy, slow, looks like he just doesnt care to play defense and thinks hes Okafor on offense with his low post abilities. But of course he has the he was injured excuse. This dude looks exactly like I thought he was going to look like.

Adam Rowe and possibly Slater also questioned his motor.

Mostly I just hate his facial expressions on the bench.

1. Gets me all drooly with his size and length.

2. Comes in and gets raves in the offseason/preseason.

3. Crushes it in the blue and white game and then against some pansies.

4. Gets hurt, nagging injury sets his development back as an already-young freshman.

5. Eventually comes back to a lot of hype, looks lost and clueless.

6. Transfers to Northeastern.

We all know how this story goes.

One of Bolden, Giles or Jeter is going to need to be worthy of C/PF minutes behind Jefferson and Tatum, so it's tough to already give up on Bolden being good this season. I think Tatum at the 4 for any meaningful stretch of any meaningful game is locked in already, given how terrible all the non-Jefferson bigs have looked so far and how great Tatum has looked.

It's sad that it's not a given that one of our three top-25 big men will be reasonably usable this season. Giles will get a pass for about 10 games before it's time to assume he's just not going to produce this season, and that would be totally understandable. One of these guys needs to become good soon.

Tony Bradley is 10 times the post player anyone we have is besides our 5th year senior.

I mean, I know it's Virginia State, but this was not a bad basketball player. There's a reason DX had him in the lottery.

If we can't develop a guy that naturally talented into a solid contributor over the course of the season, it will be pretty disappointing.

[puts on tin foil hat] I also sort of suspect that if it was a stud guard having these issues and preventing K from having the depth to go small smallball (rather than giving him an excuse to do so), he'd find a way to work his magic and pull him out of the gutter. I mean, I obviously don't think K is intentionally holding anyone back in any way, it's just goddamn ridiculous that things just happen to be trending towards K being able to justify playing Tatum 30+ minutes at PF in close games when he entered the season with 2 projected lottery pick C's and Amile Jefferson.

Honestly, it's shit like this that makes me wonder what Cal would do with this roster. Is there any doubt that he'd develop it into a 2015-style, physically dominant, defense-and-rebounding juggernaut that would have us bemoaning the fact that we never get scary athletes like Bolden and Giles?

DurhamSon said:
This happens to Cal too. Basically Marcus Lee's entire career.

Eh... Lee came in at 199 pounds and played behind 4 guys who were either lottery picks or projected to be at some point (the smallest of whom was 6'8 238 Poythress) in both 2014 and 2015. I don't think that's a great example of not getting the most out of a roster full of size and length.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom