Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Marvin Bagley III

Worst, if true. He may not play again this year, but I don't believe that Marvin's knee knows anything.

I read every one of that account's tweets, and in the span of four days he's gone from begging for info from writers, to directly tweeting an accusation to Bagley's account, to suddenly having multiple sources telling him that Bagley is done.

To summarize: He seems like a nutjob.

Cliffnotes from k while he was squirming in his chair:

Will Bagley play Saturday?

-I don't know
-He's day to day
-He has a problem but it's not structual

He didn't sound super optimistic about Saturday imo. I think our best bet is Blacksburg.

If possible, senior night would be preferred. I know VT is going to be nails tough on the road, but the last home game would be a bigger game obviously.

Fuck these injuries.

Have any of you guys seen this twitter account and the claims they are making, https://twitter.com/KneeMarvin

To sum things up, he is claiming:
-Bagley is done for the year and his dad is pretty involved and wants him to be healthy for the NBA
-Stating Bagley hasn't practiced for 1.5 months - and that explains his 'defense'

Anyone worried this may be true?

Damn.
With what K said tonight, I'm starting to believe him.

All jokes aside – while I suppose anything is possible, nothing about the "Team Bagley has shut him down" angle makes the slightest bit of sense, unless his family and camp are just flabbergasted by the realization that playing basketball games might actually result in some sort of injury. If that's the case, then they're probably beyond help.

Obviously, there are dozens of things that might be going on behind the scenes and "mild knee sprain" is just a lame cover story. Occam's Razor, though, suggests that K, in his typically awkward way, is trying to tell us exactly what's going on: That Bagley suffered a minor injury that was perhaps reaggravated in the immediate aftermath and/or hasn't completely healed as quickly as expected, and it came during a stretch of games that Duke figures it can navigate without him, so they're buying all the time they think they can afford.

I guess there's a chance that Duke waits until after the brackets are set to announce that Bagley won't be able to return, but I dunno. It doesn't really feel to me like that's what's going on.

Syracuse would be ideal because the best use for Bagley against them would be purely as a rebounder, on both ends, and someone who lazily stands around and doesn't foul on defense. He excels at all of this.

It's also Duke's easiest game remaining, so not a great chance of him coming back and Duke immediately losing and making him look terrible. Concern will rise if no return for Syracuse. Next/only good opportunity would be 1st game in ACCT.

Have any of you guys seen this twitter account and the claims they are making, https://twitter.com/KneeMarvin

-Bagley is done for the year and his dad is pretty involved and wants him to be healthy for the NBA
-Stating Bagley hasn't practiced for 1.5 months - and that explains his 'defense'

This guy is just bullshitting to get attention. I wouldn't listen to him.

This guy is just bullshitting to get attention. I wouldn't listen to him.
I'm thinking about starting an account called MarvinsOtherKnee

I just want marvin back today.

Im just saying we could do better....

Brilliant. Really want to see how that D works out with his presence. I think the zone will be fine with him.

He moved the line mostly 1 point, sometimes only 0.5 points. With some likelihood of him playing already baked into the lines - I’d guess 50-70% likelihood based on being a game time decision a few days ago for a minor injury - we have a good sense of his value over replacement at Duke now. I’d say he’s worth roughly 1.5 points against Syracuse, maybe closer to 2 points against a high tempo team. That’s pretty good, just not transcendent. Vegas is saying he’s one of the best all-around players in the country given what Duke is doing on offense and defense now and given that Duke’s replacements are actually very good.

Meanwhile, Boston fans literally believe that the Celtics 25 point turn atound on defense is due to the play of Marcus Smart.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom