Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

McCann is starting to really really get on my nerves. He's not playing good baseball all around. He couldn't hit a softball right now.

Rough 7 days for my guy Osuna.
I don't know how the Astros won that series. I really hope Liriano turns it around for us. On the other hand I think you guys got a future gen in Hernandez. He's legit.

Liriano was big for the Jays late last season. It is hard to figure out what to expect from him...control is often an issue.

Good to hear about Hernandez - Jays desperately need some outfield options.

Rough 7 days for my guy Osuna.
I don't know how the Astros won that series. I really hope Liriano turns it around for us. On the other hand I think you guys got a future gen in Hernandez. He's legit.

Liriano was big for the Jays late last season. It is hard to figure out what to expect from him...control is often an issue.

Good to hear about Hernandez - Jays desperately need some outfield options.
I think the Astros still got what they needed without giving up too much. Aoki is a solid hitter that doesn't strike out much and Hernandez is a major league outfielder caught in a loaded Astro farm system. Astros have Fisher-Mike Cameron's son Daz as well as highly sought Preston Tucker and his brother. A lefty long reliever (if Liriano can settle in) is very much in need all over the MLB.

Springer should be back tomorrow. I realized yesterday that the Astros have 5-6 players on their 25 man roster that started the season on the farm. And they weren't called up because of their talent (even though they're very talented) . They're with the Astros because of injuries. Fisher-White-Reed-Davis-Centeno-Moran and Martes. Reed has been sent back down and Moran is hurt but those others are up because they are needed to fill in for injuries.
Astro fans are giving their front office grief for not making a blockbuster trade but it's hard to blame them. They just need those prospects to contribute and steady an injury plagued ship.

Enjoy the stretch run, Cam. I'm in 2018 (or 2019) mode for the Jays.
There's no enjoyment in this run. Our pitching has taken a nose dive. Keuchel needs to shut his fucking mouth and pitch instead of trying to get teammates traded

Cardinals making a little noise now. I keep thinking that the Cubbies are going to get hot and pull away but yet to happen. Post season is going to be interesting.

Cardinals making a little noise now. I keep thinking that the Cubbies are going to get hot and pull away but yet to happen. Post season is going to be interesting.
The wild card race in the AL was about 8 teams or so still in it. Playoffs have basically started. It's a race now to the finish. Sox-Yanks are going to go hard at each other. Seattle and texas too and the Mariners have a shot at Houston.

@Topher

I remember a couple of years ago you were discussion run differential on this forum. I forget your thoughts on it exactly, but what do you make of the Yankees having a run differential of +115? Will that eventually work itself out in the Yankees favor as far as the standings go or does it have zero impact?

I like to use it as a predictor of future success and an indicator of past luck. Yankees have a slightly better run diff than the Dbacks (+114) but are 4 games behind them. Fangraphs has them as 1 game better for the rest of the season so it stands to reason that the Yanks have been unlucky so far but should improve going forward.

Feel like the Red Sox have a legit chance at chasing down the #1 spot if they can get 2 out of 3 from the Skanks this weekend. 6 back right now. I bet that 4 game series at the end of the season between Houston and Boston decides the #1 seed.

Feel like the Red Sox have a legit chance at chasing down the #1 spot if they can get 2 out of 3 from the Skanks this weekend. 6 back right now. I bet that 4 game series at the end of the season between Houston and Boston decides the #1 seed.
No doubt in my mind that decides the #1 seed in the AL. I am scared of the scenario that the sox not only overtake the Astros for the 1 seed but also catapult Seattle into the AL west slot. The way the Astros are playing all around (very poor pitching and sub par offense) I can see that happening

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom