Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Mo Bamba

bdotling said:
And Quade Green is his best friend. These articles are the same every year

Kentucky already has Nick Richards. Mo will be a part of the Fab Five at Duke.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball ... cts-remain

In this article, Evan Daniels from Scout makes a "guess" that Duke isn't in Mo's top 3.

I can say with 100% certainty that he is wrong, and for him to say Michigan and Texas are in his final 3 is just an example of laughable, shitty journalism.

I can't say I expect more from a dying company like Scout.

The only people I'd listen to on this are Andrew Slater and Jerry Meyer. Meyer said late last month that it was a toss-up between Kentucky and Duke, FWIW.

rome8180 said:
Apparently you haven't been listening to Slater very closely.

Slater has been very consistent in saying we're in wait and see mode. His crystal ball hasn't changed.

I'm going by what he's said, not his crystal ball pick from a year ago or whenever he made it.

rome8180 said:
I'm going by what he's said, not his crystal ball pick from a year ago or whenever he made it.

Then we are in wait and see mode. No way a kid like Mo goes to Texas or Michigan. It's just silly talk. Slater has had every opportunity to change his CB to "cloudy" or another school and hasn't done so.

MrAntHux said:
The ignorant are ignorant of their ignorance

I'm sorry. I guess I should just shut up and accept the very peculiar groupthink that a 5 star 7 footer who values academics is going to choose a mediocre basketball program like Michigan or Texas over the greatest coach of all-time at a top-flight university who recently landed guys like Okafor, Tyus Jones, Jayson Tatum, Harry Giles, and Marques Bolden.

AxeS24 said:
MrAntHux said:
The ignorant are ignorant of their ignorance

I'm sorry. I guess I should just shut up and accept the very peculiar groupthink that a 5 star 7 footer who values academics is going to choose a mediocre basketball program like Michigan or Texas over the greatest coach of all-time at a top-flight university who recently landed guys like Okafor, Tyus Jones, Jayson Tatum, Harry Giles, and Marques Bolden.

They do it all the time. Specs won't get you every recruit. Not everyone wants to play at Duke. That's just the way it is.

Myles Turner to Texas is an excellent recent example. Great player, great academic profile, didn't want to be that far away from his family.

AxeS24 said:
rome8180 said:

Then we are in wait and see mode. No way a kid like Mo goes to Texas or Michigan. It's just silly talk. Slater has had every opportunity to change his CB to "cloudy" or another school and hasn't done so.
You remember a kid named Myles Turner? Or LaMarcus Aldridge? Or Kevin Durant? Obviously they can't do it with the consistency of Duke, but Texas has no trouble getting top talent.

I hate to burst the Texas bubble, but Mo's top "advisor" didn't even go on the trip with him to Austin. I am betting he comes on the Duke visit this season.

The Longhorns should be happy to get Matt Coleman and call it a day.

best4heisman said:
AxeS24 said:
rome8180 said:

You remember a kid named Myles Turner? Or LaMarcus Aldridge? Or Kevin Durant? Obviously they can't do it with the consistency of Duke, but Texas has no trouble getting top talent.

How many of those kids went to MIT sports analytics conferences and also at least mentioned Harvard?

We would all love to have Bamba at Duke, FTR.

You seem very on top of this recruitment, what else can you share about Bamba's inner circle?

rhfarmer said:
We would all love to have Bamba at Duke, FTR.

You seem very on top of this recruitment, what else can you share about Bamba's inner circle?

I don't know anything more than what I read from Meyer/Slater. I am just connecting dots.

From everything I've read from insiders including Slater, we've been on the outside looking in since Bamba's recruitment started getting handled by his brother.

Also, we didn't exactly handle things well with his AAU coach. Backed off Gak, didn't really pursue Randolph, and did whatever the fuck we did with Green. (BTW, even if we land Duval, I think we lost out on that one. But that's a different discussion.)

rome8180 said:
From everything I've read from insiders including Slater, we've been on the outside looking in since Bamba's recruitment started getting handled by his brother.

Also, we didn't exactly handle things well with his AAU coach. Backed off Gak, didn't really pursue Randolph, and did whatever the **** we did with Green. (BTW, even if we land Duval, I think we lost out on that one. But that's a different discussion.)

I have never seen Slater say we are on the outside looking in. He has said things like "nobody knows right now" and "wait and see" and "hopefully Duke steps it up with Duval and Bamba."

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I wouldn't be shocked with Duke or Kentucky. I would be shocked with Texas or Michigan.

For full disclosure, Mo is my favorite recruit in the cycle, and it isn't close.

AxeS24 said:
rome8180 said:

Also, we didn't exactly handle things well with his AAU coach. Backed off Gak, didn't really pursue Randolph, and did whatever the **** we did with Green. (BTW, even if we land Duval, I think we lost out on that one. But that's a different discussion.)

I have never seen Slater say we are on the outside looking in. He has said things like "nobody knows right now" and "wait and see" and "hopefully Duke steps it up with Duval and Bamba."

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. I wouldn't be shocked with Duke or Kentucky. I would be shocked with Texas or Michigan.

For full disclosure, Mo is my favorite recruit in the cycle, and it isn't close.

I take it you aren't a 247 VIP subscriber.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom