Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

If you are looking to see a very well shot film, definitely go see Dunkirk. It's very intense and it is really great on the big screen. I felt, like a lot of people, that it was lacking in other important areas, but all in all I still think it is a good film, worth seeing while it is in theaters. If you can see it in IMAX.

I agree. It Looks incredible, but it's too focused on looking good rather than telling a good story. The music was not lacking in subtlety. Definitely thought they could've toned it back.

Watched the HBO original "Tour de Pharmacy". Fun mockumentary about doping in the 1982 Tour de France. Great cast. John Cena was hilarious.

Thank you for posting this. The first HBO mockumentary was "7 Days in Hell" about Wimbleton and was hilarious. I am going to check this one on out tonight.

Watched the HBO original "Tour de Pharmacy". Fun mockumentary about doping in the 1982 Tour de France. Great cast. John Cena was hilarious.

Thank you for posting this. The first HBO mockumentary was "7 Days in Hell" about Wimbleton and was hilarious. I am going to check this one on out tonight.
Oh, thanks. I need to check out the Wimbledon one.

Here's A Ghost story trailer. Looks interesting and I guess it is if you have an open mind but it's just very very slow. People walked out of the theater. I can't remember the last movie I went to where that happened.

I remember watching a trailer for that earlier this year thinking wtf. I'm open to "out there" movies but this just seems awful

Here's A Ghost story trailer. Looks interesting and I guess it is if you have an open mind but it's just very very slow. People walked out of the theater. I can't remember the last movie I went to where that happened.

I remember watching a trailer for that earlier this year thinking wtf. I'm open to "out there" movies but this just seems awful

It's an interesting artsy type take on a ghosts experience. I wouldn't recommend it in theaters. $20+ after drink and snack is a complete disappointment

"Alien Covenant" was cool but could've been a lot better. Just an average sci-fi/horror movie.

Saw Detroit tonight. It's amazing. I think it's the best movie so far this year. Dunkirk was great but Detroit grabs you and pisses you off.

Saw Detroit tonight. It's amazing. I think it's the best movie so far this year. Dunkirk was great but Detroit grabs you and pisses you off.
Really want to see this. Considering it's the summer, there are an unusual amount of quality movies out. I haven't had the time or money to see any of them. Interested in:

1) The Big Sick
2) Detroit
3) Wind River
4) Dunkirk

Probably in that order.

Really want to see this. Considering it's the summer, there are an unusual amount of quality movies out. I haven't had the time or money to see any of them. Interested in:

1) The Big Sick
2) Detroit
3) Wind River
4) Dunkirk

Probably in that order.
I'd go see Dunkirk if I were you. It's really good. Only thing is is it's not really surprising. You know how it ends. And Nolan does what Nolan does and turns a normal linear movie into a somewhat time confusing movie. It was cool in Momento and Inception but by now it's kind of old IMO. Interstellar same.

Detroit has great action, great historical storytelling and keeps you riveted and not confused. Acting is amazing.

I'd really like to see the other two on your list.

Probably going to see one of them today.

I'm not as big a Nolan fan as some people are. He's a clever storyteller (or rather, his brother is) and a brilliant technician, but the end product isn't always my jam.

I saw The Big Sick today and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's moving and funny and socially relevant. Holly Hunter and Ray Romano kind of stole the show, though Kumail and Zoe Kazan were both great.

My only complaint was that the third act was a bit too long. There were 2-3 opportunities to have the inevitable happy ending earlier. Maybe if I hadn't known it was based on a true story and I hadn't known the ending, I would have felt differently.

Anyone seen the Sofia Coppola remake of The Beguiled. I've meant to see it but sadly it looks to be slowly loosing its run. At least near me in central Texas.

Probably going to see one of them today.

I'm not as big a Nolan fan as some people are. He's a clever storyteller (or rather, his brother is) and a brilliant technician, but the end product isn't always my jam.

I agree with you. Many of Nolan's movies are on the cusp of being masterpieces but he often finds a way to screw it up along the way. Sometimes he makes them too long, sometimes he focuses too much on boring story lines, and a lot of the time he makes it look great but sacrifices the story. I think The Prestige is his best film. It's a great arc with compelling characters, he wraps it up succinctly, and it looks good without being overbearing.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom