Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Movies

I've been wanting to see that. Here's the thing, I liked Get Out a lot but man is that movie grossly overrated. That should not be up for best picture.
It was funny and entertaining, but it was also extremely simplistic and heavy handed. The first half of the movie offered a much more complex view of race relations than the second half.
I agree with that but I just don't see it as an oscar contender.

Some outlets are reporting that we'll finally get the Solo trailer Monday on Good Morning America.

I really wanted to like Dunkirk. Maybe the actual story inspiring the movie was so miraculous it was destined to overshadow any attempt to bring it to life on screen? I dunno - it just ended up lacking that bit of "oomph".

The scoring, cinematography, and editing were superb, though. I see why so many recommended seeing it on the big screen.

Molly's Game was entertaining. Definitely a Sorkin script, and Chastain did a great job with her role.

DVOrCQpX0AUh18Q.jpg

This may just have been me being overly sentimental, but I couldn't imagine two characters more irreplaceable than Ford's Solo and Williams' Calrissian. They were perfect fits. But the new film seems to have hit it out of the park. I think Glover and Ehrenreich look tremendous in the trailer. I am also anxious to see the extent of aliens/monsters in the film, and Mos Eisley in particular. I feel like there weren't enough aliens/monsters in the recent 3 films. Maybe Disney got spooked by two decades of negative feedback on Jar Jar Binks, who even I will admit was awful, even as a huge fan boy of The Phantom Menace. One minor complaint is the title art on Solo looks a little cartoonish, but it's really not a big deal if the film is money. All in all, I am pumped for this feature flick. I am also now begging for a Lando film. That would be a bonanza.

The delivery of the "I thought we were in trouble there for a second" line was pretty weak, I'll blindly watch Star Wars movie but I'm skeptical this actor has the charisma to pull off what I'd expect a young Han Solo to be.

The delivery of the "I thought we were in trouble there for a second" line was pretty weak, I'll blindly watch Star Wars movie but I'm skeptical this actor has the charisma to pull off what I'd expect a young Han Solo to be.
Whoa, I was just coming here to post the opposite regarding that line. I thought that was the only line in the trailer that sounded like Han Solo. It felt just like Han's lines from the Death Star prison break when he's communicating with the Imperial officers.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom