Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Jacksome Treys

getty-images-1239176716.jpg

Blazer fan thoughts in a tanking half-season:

1) Trendon Watford, for an undrafted rookie tweener forward, has turned into a solid find... PER is almost 16, and he's got 22, 6, 4 blocks, and 2-3 3pt tonight against the Hawks....

2) Brandon Williams, for a G-League mid-season pickup, has been at least okay, and passes the eye-test as a rookie backup PG. He's quick and does Simons-lite things out there...

3) Drew Eubanks, for a guy waived by the Spurs and signed to a couple of 10-days, has shown all the scrap you'd want from a Blazers big, also has a PER near 16, and averaging nearly 10 points and 8 boards in 26 minutes since he got to town.

4) Kris Dunn, for a guy who JESUS COCKSUCKING CHRIST THIS GUY IS GOD AWFUL HOW THE EVERLIVING FUCK WAS HE the 5th! 5th! 5th! OVERALL FUCKING PICK IN THE DRAFT?? 20 minutes, 1-6, 6 fouls, 4 turnover tonight.

We’re living in a golden age of talent when a guy who puts up the high score of the season doesn’t even come close to entering the conversation about the best big in the league.

Last edited:
Just couldn't be happier for Kyrie, the success he's having, and the groundswell of support he's receiving as an anti-Democrat talking point. His anit-vax stance has been fully validated and he's emerged a hero.

I must be completely immoral because I just can't bring myself to care about that. I also like Woody Allen and Roman Polanski (who are objectively far worse people).

So KAT scored 60 last night too. By the way, so much for the rule change dragging down offense. We are currently in the midst of the most efficient offensive month in NBA history. And it's not even close. Last month the league-wide offensive rating was 113.8. That tied the record from February of last year. This month is 115.4.

I must be completely immoral because I just can't bring myself to care about that. I also like Woody Allen and Roman Polanski (who are objectively far worse people).

Gross. I personally hope he dies a long, painful death from COVID. Would make the world a much better place than anything he does on the court.

There's the person, and then there's his function as entertainer. If he were in politics and writing legislation, I'd feel differently. Doesn't mean I want to hang out with him, but he's still my favorite player to watch. Just like I like reading books, watching movies, or listening to music by Roman Polanski, Ezra Pound, John Lennon, Michael Jackson, Knut Hamsun, Sylvia Plath, Woody Allen, Louis CK, Celine, Anne Sexton, Kevin Spacey, Ryan Adams, Casey Affleck, Stanley Kubrick, Morrisey, R Kelly, Dostoevsky, Wagner, James Brown, etc., etc., etc.

There's the person, and then there's his function as entertainer. If he were in politics and writing legislation, I'd feel differently. Doesn't mean I want to hang out with him, but he's still my favorite player to watch. Just like I like reading books, watching movies, or listening to music by Roman Polanski, Ezra Pound, John Lennon, Michael Jackson, Knut Hamsun, Sylvia Plath, Woody Allen, Louis CK, Celine, Anne Sexton, Kevin Spacey, Ryan Adams, Casey Affleck, Stanley Kubrick, Morrisey, R Kelly, Dostoevsky, Wagner, James Brown, etc., etc., etc.

To me, there's a difference between artists who have been shitty on a micro level to a relatively small number of people, vs. an athlete who is (still) making the world generally worse on a macro level. None of those people are currently being used by Ted Cruz in stump speeches to turn people against Democrats and COVID safety, due to their shitty choices and beliefs. And the more he succeeds, the worse it gets.

I don't know. Maybe I'm a wet blanket, but basketball is just a game, after all. His shittiness is consequential enough to cross the threshold for me.

After watching that Kyrie video, I just experienced some weird glitch where all of the remaining posts in this thread were missing random words and letters, and I thought either I was having a stroke or you guys were meme-ing some weird flat-earther/Illuminati code-speak. Thankfully I noticed the page numbers had also disappeared and I then fixed everything with the magic "refresh" feature.

After watching that Kyrie video, I just experienced some weird glitch where all of the remaining posts in this thread were missing random words and letters, and I thought either I was having a stroke or you guys were meme-ing some weird flat-earther/Illuminati code-speak. Thankfully I noticed the page numbers had also disappeared and I then fixed everything with the magic "refresh" feature.
Kyrie's supporters are monitoring us.

Seriously though, that glitch couldn't have happened in a more perfect context. He would definitely see it as a sign of something. He'd probably destroy all his technology and only be accessible by handwritten letter.

To me, there's a difference between artists who have been shitty on a micro level to a relatively small number of people, vs. an athlete who is (still) making the world generally worse on a macro level. None of those people are currently being used by Ted Cruz in stump speeches to turn people against Democrats and COVID safety, due to their shitty choices and beliefs. And the more he succeeds, the worse it gets.

I don't know. Maybe I'm a wet blanket, but basketball is just a game, after all. His shittiness is consequential enough to cross the threshold for me.
Some of those people were Nazi supporters or at least anti-semites. I would argue that has some global reach. I also feel that sexually abusing your own daughter like Sexton, anally raping a 15-year-old like Polanski, or even "just" beating your wife like Lennon and James Brown, are worse than being anti-vaxx.

Maybe there's just some disconnect in my brain. But I find it very easy to disconnect my personal feelings about the human from the entertainment they're making. It is "just a game," but I feel like you could say "it's just a movie" or "it's just a band" just as easily. It may have a higher place in our culture, but there's still nothing necessary about it.

Maybe it's just that my opinion of humans is so low that I assume half of the people I follow and support are awful even if I'm not aware of it yet.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom