Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Obviously not sustainable but I think it's safe to say they've entered onto the list of ~5-8 or so teams that a path actually exists for them to win a title, which definitely wasn't true the first half of the season

On that note, here's Tatum since the All-Star break. This is also not sustainable, but some upward regression on his 3pt shot had to happen at some point. He's never shot worse than 37% in any other season. He's added some volume, but nothing so crazy that we should expect a huge dropoff from last year. If we shoots like this for another two weeks, his season FG and 3pt percentages should be right at where they were last year.

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 11.55.34 AM.png

What's up with Simmons? Is there an actual issue? Or is he just trying to give more credibility to the transparent lie of his "mental health issues" so he can get his full Sixers paycheck eventually? It pisses me of enough that he's exploiting a serious issue like mental health for his own gain, but I'm equally pissed off that he's preventing Brooklyn from settling into their death lineup.

I'm watching the Philly-Brooklyn game, and the fact that Brooklyn still has to play bigs like Drummond is ridiculous.

I've said it before, but Embiid is the worst fucking watch in the NBA. I'd rather watch two hours of Joey Baker pump fakes.

I literally just saw him fall backwards with his back to the basket and somehow get a shooting foul. The Nets were not in the penalty.

"Shooting foul."

JkPSDbN.png

I'm still laughing at the fact that this wasn't debated as a legit shooting foul by a single person on the broadcast.

I watched the first half and am surprised he ended up making three shots and only missed 14. He started 1-11. The Nets looked like the best defense in the league last night somehow.

I heard Kyrie played really good D on him at times, which is good for the Nets going forward. But yeah, I wouldn't expect the Nets' core 4 guards with an average height of 6'2" and average age of 32 to be a defensive juggernaut.

Philosopher/Sage Charles Barkley, on Inside the NBA last night:

"These guys are ESPN superstars, I played against real superstars."

Preach it CB!

;-p

I think he was kidding.

Maybe not.

Didn't realize the Sixers have been entirely mediocre even since the trade. If you believe this, it's a 3 team race in the East plus whatever you think Brooklyn's actual ceiling is.

Didn't realize the Sixers have been entirely mediocre even since the trade. If you believe this, it's a 3 team race in the East plus whatever you think Brooklyn's actual ceiling is.
That sounds about right. The Bulls could maybe be a tough out if Vucevic/Ball/Williams/Caruso all get back and into form by Playoff time.

Also, WTF Minnesota? I'd noticed that the other right-quadrant teams had been playing well of late, but that one surprised me.

This is one of those seasons where I'm not really sure who will come out of each conference due to injuries and guys coming back from injuries. Could easily see one of Boston, Brooklyn, Miami and Milwaukee come out of the East (have no faith in Philly doing anything more than flaming out). In the west, I could see Phoenix, Denver (if they get Murray & Porter Jr. back), Memphis and GS (least likely because of injuries). Playoffs are looking like they'll be fun.

Also, I still love KD even though he left. The fact he's got Kyrie and Seth as teammates also makes me want Brooklyn to come out of the East, especially if GS doesn't win the West.

What's up with Simmons? Is there an actual issue? Or is he just trying to give more credibility to the transparent lie of his "mental health issues" so he can get his full Sixers paycheck eventually? It pisses me of enough that he's exploiting a serious issue like mental health for his own gain, but I'm equally pissed off that he's preventing Brooklyn from settling into their death lineup.

I'm watching the Philly-Brooklyn game, and the fact that Brooklyn still has to play bigs like Drummond is ridiculous.
I want to root for the Nets, but emotionally I just haven't been able to get my brain to stop hating Simmons for his shit. Plus Kyrie has just become so unlikeable to me ever since he forced the trade from Cleveland.

That Embiid shooting foul was hilarious. Of course wildly launching your body into a defender should be a foul, but I guess by how NBA games are called it would be a non-shooting foul block, similar to when guys feel contact and then immediately pull up, pretending they were in the act of shooting the whole time? Not really sure though.
I heard Kyrie played really good D on him at times, which is good for the Nets going forward. But yeah, I wouldn't expect the Nets' core 4 guards with an average height of 6'2" and average age of 32 to be a defensive juggernaut.
When he's engaged I think Kyrie's a really good defender now. His hands have always been amazing, but it shows a lot more on defense now - he can really moves his feet and then come up with some great strips. He also had great anticipation on a Harden pass last night while defending him that led to a steal.

Usually, if it's not a credible shot it won't be called a shooting foul. I don't know what the refs were thinking with that one. There was no way he intended to shoot backwards until he felt the contact.

Pelicans can just not win without Ingram. Worried the Spurs will snatch their play-in spot at this point. That would be a typically annoying Spurs thing to do.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom