Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Maybe it helps open up even more his ability to drive now?
I would argue that a better "counter" is to kick to an open 3pt shooter. The Pelicans already don't take enough threes as it is. Herb Jones and CJ McCollum are both over 41%. Trey Murphy is creeping back up toward his usual 40%+ after returning from injury. Alvarado and Marshall have good percentages as well.

I think the defense would happily let Zion shoot 30 open midrange shots if he wants to. It's always going to be treated like the best possible defensive outcome, rather than the way defenses treat, say, KD's midrange jumper.

Oh yeah I’m not saying it’s a good reason. I’m just saying maybe that’s why fans are happy about it in their simplistic thinking

He was like a God in winning time last night. Just totally in control. After the Kings had cut the 22ish 4th quarter lead to 9-10 and were flustering the Pels with the press, point Zion came in and just took over. Made every right pass breaking the pressure, made the quick, simple kicks when they tried to wall him up and emasculated anyone who tried to stop him 1-on-1.

Obviously his physical skills enable everything, but he has such an underrated feel for the game. I feel like this year it's even seeped into his defense. He'll always be more of a disruptive, gambling defender than a sound one, but I feel like he is picking his spots much better. And he's hustling a lot more, which may be (probably is) the difference.

Zion just can't escape the commentary on his weight, can he? When they play at Golden State, I expect someone to throw a whole chicken onto the court. Those Silicon Valley types can afford to waste more food than the government workers in Sacramento.
Don’t be ridiculous

It will be avocado toast

Damn, we already had the Draymond cruelty free vegan frisbee giveaway night. Such a missed opportunity.

The end of this regular season is nuts. Every team has 1 game left on Sunday. East plays at 1:00, west at 3:30.

Pelicans get the 6th seed if they beat the Lakers on Sunday or a Suns loss o. The 6 might be matched against the Nuggets after they blew a 23 point lead against the Spurs and are now in a 3 way tie for first. Lots of jockeying still for the play in positions. I'm not sure how those scenarios go. Dallas rested starters against Detroit tonight, conceding the home court advantage in the 4/5 matchup to the Clippers.

Knicks and Bucks are tied for the 2. The Bucks get it if they beat Orlando on Sunday. Dame didn't play tonight, not sure what the plan is Sunday. Orlando is now in a 3 way tie for the 5 seed after losing to Philly. Magic get the 5 seed if they win, and probably will be in the play in if they lose. They're tied at 5 with the Pacers who finish against Atlanta and the Sixers who get the hapless Nets.

The end of this regular season is nuts. Every team has 1 game left on Sunday. East plays at 1:00, west at 3:30.

Pelicans get the 6th seed if they beat the Lakers on Sunday or a Suns loss o. The 6 might be matched against the Nuggets after they blew a 23 point lead against the Spurs and are now in a 3 way tie for first. Lots of jockeying still for the play in positions. I'm not sure how those scenarios go. Dallas rested starters against Detroit tonight, conceding the home court advantage in the 4/5 matchup to the Clippers.

Knicks and Bucks are tied for the 2. The Bucks get it if they beat Orlando on Sunday. Dame didn't play tonight, not sure what the plan is Sunday. Orlando is now in a 3 way tie for the 5 seed after losing to Philly. Magic get the 5 seed if they win, and probably will be in the play in if they lose. They're tied at 5 with the Pacers who finish against Atlanta and the Sixers who get the hapless Nets.
The Suns winning by a single fucking point is annoying. That could have locked it up for the Pelicans.

A YouTube channel I followed describes it as "pulling a Josh Jackson" or the "Josh Jackson effect" or something like that. Jackson averaged 16.5 ppg in April vs. 11.3 for his career. He shot 39% from three vs. 29% for his career.

Teams just don't care about playing defense against bad teams late in the season. Jackson was on several bad teams.

This is crazy. The Pelicans have to try to get that 6-seed, but it means they’re probably getting the Nuggets in R1.

Yeah, the Nuggets blowing a huge lead vs the Spurs fucked the Pelicans. Then again, maybe the Nuggets want the Pelicans instead of Phoenix, LA, or Golden State.

It seems likely that New Orleans gets the 6. The Suns have to play the Wolves in Minnesota. Minnesota will still be playing for the 1 or 2 seed. Because their games are on at the same time as OKC's and Denver's, their play shouldn't be influenced by the results of those games.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom