Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Had to re-check the playoffs scenarios to make sure the Pels couldn't be knocked to the 10 seed for getting blown out this badly

Had to re-check the playoffs scenarios to make sure the Pels couldn't be knocked to the 10 seed for getting blown out this badly
They can stay in the 6 if Minnesota would just do their fucking job. Unfortunately, they won't.

They might as well get knocked to 10th though. Look at who they're going to play in the play in and tell me they're going to win one of two.

What really sucks is that if Phoenix takes the 6 then the Nuggets are probably no longer the 3 so you don't even get the beneficial Twolves or OKC first round matchup if you make it from the play in.

There had to be less than a 5% chance of the Kings losing a coin flip game to the Suns and then the Suns also beating Minnesota on the road while New Orleans lost. But yeah, this sport is fun and it doesn't exist just to make your fucking life miserable.

I really do think the most likely outcome is the Pelicans miss the playoffs entirely now. They have to play the Lakers and then probably the Warriors. Both games will be at home, but they've struggled with both teams. In a single elimination, I give them almost no chance. They've also been hot garbage at home this year anyway.

I hate this narrative based 'analysis' but this is even dumber than that. If they use Steph or LeBron or Luka I get it, but Brunson and Lillard? FOH with that. Brunson has done nothing in a post-season setting that Tatum hadn't done five years ago, and Lillard is still living off that one buzzer beater and second round series in which McCollum actually had better stats. Does Tatum not get credit for putting away Milwaukee, Miami, Philadelphia, etc, in high leverage situations over the last few playoffs?

Last edited:

In rosterbation format:

PG Curry, Haliburton, Holiday
SG Edwards, Booker
SF Tatum
PF James, Durant
C Embiid, Davis, Adebayo

I think they add one more SF/PF. Tbh, I don’t even know what position LeBron and Durant play anymore. I just know what position they should be playing.

I’d go with Kawhi or Jimmy for the final spot, with a strong preference for Kawhi, but an understanding that he’d rather do anything else this summer over playing basketball. Zion would be the most fun obviously.

Main lineup would be Curry, Kawhi, Durant, LeBron, Davis.

What's the most disgusting lineup you can make from that dreamy roster, only putting guys in positions at which they've been listed before?

For me, there's something beautifully awful about the idea of:

Holiday
Edwards
LeBron
Adebayo
Embiid

That’s a pretty old lineup. What happens when Bron and AD sit out every other game?

I have never been sure of anything more than the Lakers dragging their nuts across the Pelicans in New Orleans tonight in a crucial must win game. They're attained UNC vs Izzo status in that matchup when it counts

I have never been sure of anything more than the Lakers dragging their nuts across the Pelicans in New Orleans tonight in a crucial must win game. They're attained UNC vs Izzo status in that matchup when it counts
The only way the Pelicans win is if the Lakers are really desperate to play OKC instead of Denver. Even then, I don't think they'd tank this game because the risk of not winning their 2nd game is too great.

Nasty. The Warriors should fire Kerr if he fails to win gold.

Ideally Embiid will aggravate the injury in the Finals against Jokic and have to pull out, opening up the spot for Zion. There’s no need for Embiid with this roster.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom