Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL

Complete Panthers draft:

Round 1, 24th overall: D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland
Round 2, 55th overall: Donte Jackson, CB, LSU
Round 3, 85th overall: Rashaan Gaulden, S, Tennessee
Round 4, 101st overall: Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana
Round 4, 136th overall: Marquis Haynes, EDGE, Mississippi
Round 5, 161st overall: Jermaine Carter, ILB, Maryland
Round 7, 234th overall: Andre Smith, ILB, UNC
Round 7, 242nd overall: Kendrick Norton, DT, Miami

Again, loved the Moore pick. Taking Jackson in the second round injects some much-needed speed into the secondary. I see Gaulden as a bust risk, but he's supposedly physical and gritty. Can't be worse than the safety play we had last year.

Thomas addresses the TE position, which has been thin behind Olsen for years. I like the Haynes pick too, as DE was another area of need. Not a huge fan of taking two LBs in the later rounds, would've liked to see us take a chance on a RB.

Overall a pretty good draft, much better than last year's, imo. Ron will produce a top-10 defense as usual next season, and I think we have the pieces in place to be much more consistent on offense.

we really don’t have shrewd coaching at all.

norv will be an upgrade but that’s not saying anything.

i think we drafted some decent depth in this class but no one seems like a sure thing

Has trained with Eli in the past, pretty obvious choice to be the successor

I'm too optimistic about this team with Norv and these weapons. I guess the O-Line is what should bring me back to reality.

I don't think Jonathan Stewart was that bad last year, all things considered.

When you say "all things considered," what are all of the things you're considering?

Jonathan Stewart faced the highest percentage in the NFL of running against 8 men in the box. I don't watch the Panthers but I would imagine their pass offense wasn't good or the playcalling was vanilla if teams were stacking the box that frequently.

51% of his carries came against 8 man box.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#percent-eight-defenders

His average per carry was close to Leonard Fournette who faced 8 man box 48% of the time. Fournette received 70 more carries on the season thus had more yards and TD's.

C.J Anderson, who you guys seem excited about, averaged 4.1 YPC while facing an 8 man box 22% of the time. Stewart averaged 3.6 while facing an 8 man box 51% of the time.

OK. You are right. 31 year old, oft-injured Jonathan Stewart was great last year and we all have shown so much excitement over C.J. Anderson.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom