Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Patrick Tape

UNC is big and deep and can wear us down and foul us out. If Williams is not ready he could get 3 fouls in 5 minutes. We need Tape for those games. Johnson is good but he's a small forward.

I agree, but you know it will happen at some point. Conclusion, K really has lost his damn mind.

I agree, but you know it will happen at some point. Conclusion, K really has lost his damn mind.

Sounds too harsh to me for what's mostly a semantics question. If a backcourt of Johnson-Steward-Moore sounds okay to you with Hurt and a big, I think having Johnson, Steward and Roach together would work too, even if in the second lineup it's easiest to call Johnson a SF. He and Roach can trade off initiating the offense. I'd say in either of those lineups, Johnson should probably be guarding the small forward. I expect Roach, Goldwire, Moore, and even Steward to be better at guarding actual guards than Johnson is.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I think having Steward and Hurt on the floor together would still be far better than the 2019 or 2020 seasons shooting-wise. Low bar, but still.

The Tape pickup is very important. I don't expect to him play in every game, but having another big body is crucial.

Too bad Duke won't kick Tape to the curb like he did them so they could go after the kid from Oklahoma State that announced he's leaving. Seems he'd be a better fit for a year.

Watching Tape's highlights again and liking what I see but also thinking about how nothing he does here will happen in Duke's offense. Rolling finishes out of the pick and roll. Good slip screen action. Some nice passes to cutters out of the high post. Etc.

I don't want to see Patrick Tape post-ups this year, especially coming out of face-ups.

It's not a post-up, just a spin move on a drive. It's Garrison Brooks shit. I don't think it's that terrible that he's practicing this along with his face-up jumper.

I don't want to see Patrick Tape post-ups this year, especially coming out of face-ups.

It's not a post-up, just a spin move on a drive. It's Garrison Brooks shit. I don't think it's that terrible that he's practicing this along with his face-up jumper.
Maybe if he was chopping his feet?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom