Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Playa Haters' Ball

rome8180

Legend
Get your hate and controversial opinions out here. Don't like The Avengers? Don't like pizza? Don't enjoy the beach? If it's popular and you hate it, rest assured: this is a safe space (though you may get bain't).

haters.jpg

Almost all cult films/'classics'
Country music with no exception, even Johnny Cash or w/e
Sushi, Thai food, Coffee, Wine
The spanish language
All women's sports (though i guess these arent really that popular)
Soccer
Books you would find in grocery stores (eg. James Patterson)
Organized Religion, but especially Christianity and Islam

I am a big fan of hating on things though, so i'll expand this list as I think of more stuff.

Oh man. As a Spanish minor who loves Thai food and manages a cafe, some of DSon's list is rough for me. This is great.

I hate soccer and James Patterson though. I think women's sports is an acceptable entry if only because it's a social taboo to say you don't like them.

I actually don't care if people like coffee. It doesn't taste great from an objective POV. That's why kids hate it and Starbucks makes it palatable for adults by loading it up with sugar.

I still would never drink a straight shot of espresso (though it doesn't make me gag like it used to).

Harry Potter
Star Wars
Coffee
Soccer
Jay Z
Drake
Sushi
Religion
Ford Trucks-Not even a truck guy but have found most of them ugly
UNC's colors
Most concerts-not a big concert guy
Pubic hair-some of my buddies like it on a girl, I def don't
Undercooked steak-I need it in the medium range

To harp on Dson's tits comment. I actually don't like gigantic tits but def don't prefer flat ones over it. The chick you mentioned does have some of the nicest ones ever. But the nipple/perkiness is most important imo. I'll add more as I think of stuff.

Peak Angelina Jolie, pre-double masectomy, is like the perfect body type for me.

I don't think you're going to get any argument about UNC's colors. I do like other shades of light blue though.

Does anyone like hipsters though? Even hipsters hate hipsters.

That said, I've come to accept that most things I like fall into hipster culture. Fusion food is awesome. Vinyl is awesome. Podcasts are awesome.

All right, I'll stop responding to everything in this thread.

Coffee and Beer
Any food from east of Greece (except for Japanese)
Country, Pop, most hip-hop music. I mostly listen to jazz, classical, and different styles of rock
Superhero movies
Fantasy books/movies (sci-fi is so much better)
Soccer (seriously, it's the worst. Yes, I understand it. It's not fucking complicated. It's just boring.)

@rome8180 This thread might be the end of our bromance. I love Led Zeppelin (pretty much a requirement of any drummer) and can't stand The Beatles. In defense of my tastes, I generally don't pay much attention to lyrics, just the music.

*edited out offensive joke*

Last edited:
I feel like I was a music hipster long before it was cool to be a music hipster. I really hate hipster music though.

When it comes to TV:

Doctor Who
Mad Men
The Office (American version)

I'll cut someone slack if they have never seen the original The Office, but if you have, and you still like the American version, you need help. Ricky Gervais was far superior to Carell in the boss role. The same for Gareth vs Dwight. I find Michael Scott and Dwight to be such typical American over-the-top versions of their original counterparts. David Brent and Gareth were both believable annoying coworker characters to me. I also like Tim (Martin Freeman) better than Jim (John Krasinki), but I get that Jim has the hot guy thing going for him.

@physicsfactor Not sure how you can denigrate the Beatles' music. Compositionally, it's still far more advanced than 99% of stuff released today.

I like it and dislike Led Zeppelin because I tend to like music that sound "pretty" or "melodic." While I respect Led Zeppelin's innovation and musicianship, it just sounds ugly to me. It may have to do with stuff that is blues-derived vs. stuff that is classically derived (though The Beatles have many blues-based songs).

Feminists
SJWs
Religious zealots
Social media
People in general
Baseball
Coffee and tea
Most books, music, television and movies
Foreign food except for Indian
Flying and any travel longer than a 4-hour drive

I'm a fun person.

@physicsfactor Not sure how you can denigrate the Beatles' music. Compositionally, it's still far more advanced than 99% of stuff released today.

I like it and dislike Led Zeppelin because I tend to like music that sound "pretty" or "melodic." While I respect Led Zeppelin's innovation and musicianship, it just sounds ugly to me. It may have to do with stuff that is blues-derived vs. stuff that is classically derived (though The Beatles have many blues-based songs).
A lot of their stuff simply sounds poppy to me. I know that's only because I'm comparing it out of context. It was rockin' back in the day from what I've been told. But it is what it is to my ears/brain.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom