Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Playa Haters' Ball

Agree with most sentiments about reality TV.

However, my niece did get me to watch "Cheer" on Netflix, it's about two junior colleges in Texas that have incredible cheer programs (one in particular has won a dozen or more national championships). It was more interesting than i thought. Some really good athletes in both programs.

Apparently the show was really "trending" or whatever at one point, and garnered some level of fame for several of the cheerleaders.
You might like Last Chance U if you haven’t seen it.
Just seeing Season 2 is out on Netflix.

I think reality TV encompasses so much that everyone would like at least one show that qualifies. The overlap in Top Chef fans and FBOY Island fans has to be a very small portion. I would say trashy reality TV is trash, while good reality TV can be good.

I was a pretty devoted follower of Real Housewives NJ and NY for a while. Some of the interactions were just incredible. In one RHONY episode a cast member took off her prosthetic leg and slammed it on the table. Just peak reality tv. And some of the blogs that do episode recaps were hilarious.

During Covid my roommate got me in to a version of The Bachelor/Bachelorette called Listen to your Hear and I thought it was a really fun watch. Some of the contestants were really talented

Cheer seems more like a documentary series.

Same for Last Chance U. I wouldn't really put Top Chef or other cooking competition shows into the standard "reality TV" bucket either - though I guess you could argue any game show is reality TV if you wanted to.

I actually don't know how I'd define what is generally understand as reality TV, now that I think about it.

The pinnacle of reality TV is actually the fake Bachelor show called "The Hunk" that Nathan creates to build his confidence in Nathan For You.

Opening episode of Last Chance U season 2 is incredible for any basketball junkies btw. Sets up such a compelling season ahead, with a totally different tone from season 1. I had to fight myself to go to bed last night instead of binging the whole thing as an all-nighter.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom