Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

WHERE DOES HE FIND THESE PEOPLE?

Of course, Ty Cobb. Why would you choose anyone other than the namesake of a well-known bigot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch McConnell appears to be going through a WGAF implosion tonight.

Repeal and delay would have 32 million uninsured by 2026, premiums increase by 100% or more and 18 million uninsured next year. Glad they supposedly need 60 votes for full repeal, zero chance that happens.

Because holding his breath until he turned blue didn't achieve the results he'd wanted, Trump will now resort to smashing his toys with a hammer.

It has become clear that this administration will not get anything done in the first two years, Democrats will win back some part of Congress in 2018, and then even less than nothing will get done for the final two years. Then new Democratic leader, Dwayne "The Rock" "Hercules" "Toothfairy" Johnson, becomes President. Trump's only lasting impact besides creating the pinnacle of late night comedy for four years will be the Supreme Court Justices he puts in place, and his first one wasn't terrible.

All in all, not too bad for America. We end up with some corporate deregulation and all-time high stock prices, probably some tax cuts for a few years assuming getting "nothing" done is an exaggeration, President The Rock, who will defer to his advisers on any real issues and win back European leaders with his charisma alone, and 1-3 decent but right-leaning Justices taking the place of Scalia, Kennedy and/or Ginsburg.

I don't know that "repeal without a replacement" is exactly a better result. Also, for all the libs cheering the "failure," it's failed partially because it wasn't extreme enough of a repeal for two of the senators. That should scare people.

rome8180 said:
I don't know that "repeal without a replacement" is exactly a better result. Also, for all the libs cheering the "failure," it's failed partially because it wasn't extreme enough of a repeal for two of the senators. That should scare people.

Repeal without replacement died in the womb. Even more GOP senators said they wouldn't vote for it. Now Trump & Co will do everything in their power to undermine the existing Obamacare, to insure that it does indeed fail. Then they'll sit back and say "See how terrible this is? We told you it would fail."

Trump and Putin held an undisclosed meeting together for an hour at the G-20. The only ones there were Trump, Putin and Putin's translator. It is so obvious he's owned by Putin.

The fact that 38% of poll respondents still support this man is flabbergasting.

He has to turn everything into a win even when it makes him look like more of a loser.

"By any measure" and "By any standard" are two of his favorite phrases to use when he's spinning his failures.

John McCain has a brain tumor. "Aggressive".

“On Friday, July 14, Sen. John McCain underwent a procedure to remove a blood clot from above his left eye at Mayo Clinic Hospital in Phoenix. Subsequent tissue pathology revealed that a primary brain tumor known as a glioblastoma was associated with the blood clot,” his office said in a statement.

https://apnews.com/4f3674c515554913...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Trump looking into if he can pardon himself, family and staff members.

For the constitutional scholar types - WTF were the founders thinking with the presidential pardon? Not seeing the rationale behind it. It has clearly been abused in the past, and now it may pave the way for a total breakdown of the system.

So, Trump has proven to be largely ineffectual, but he is still in office (and will continue to be)

What if I told you guys the Clinton campaign actually may be the side that colluded with the Russians? :o

What a world we live in!

AxeS24 said:
So, Trump has proven to be largely ineffectual, but he is still in office (and will continue to be)

What if I told you guys the Clinton campaign actually may be the side that colluded with the Russians? :o

What a world we live in!

I would say "Show me the evidence."

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back