Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Politics

That’s kind of surprising to me but I think that’s kind of skewed. I live out on Long Island. There’s a lot of people who identify as Catholic but really aren’t that religious like I identify as Catholic on forms sometimes if they ask religion but I haven’t been to church in about 10 years.

I don't know what those numbers translate to in people these days, but anyone who watches a convention is mentally disturbed.

I watch the Lincoln Project people's post-convention streams. They're definitely worthwhile.
The downside is the shitty audio that a lot of people seem to have. This is something that will improve as never leaving the house becomes the American norm.

We’re getting close to sports deciding an election. All that needs to happen is Aaron Rodgers, Mike Tomlin and Kyler Murray rallying their troops to say they won’t play until Trump is out of office. This isn’t that unrealistic at this point, and it 100% is outcome determinative.

The counter by Trump is to have Tom Brady rally his troops to say they won’t play if Biden wins.

This is where I am. Adding to his point about COVID-19 kind of fading more toward the back of everyone's mind, I think many white collar suburban types are actually enjoying this work-from-home time. We'll see what happens when they have to deal with online school for their kids again, but for now, it's not necessarily a bad or unpleasant time for this fortunate subset of America. They get to work from home without a commute, they get paid all the same, they get to see their kids grow up more because they get to work from home, and they have much less expenditures (no daycare or nanny in many cases, learning to be happy without eating at sit-down restaurants as often, no car/transportation expenses, streaming movies instead of paying $20 for popcorn and soda). If a significant portion of these people show up to vote on November 3 thinking, "you know, life is pretty decent right now, I don't really care if COVID-19 never goes away, fuck poor people," then that's huge for Trump.

This seems significant considering the importance of Wisconsin. This polling was done before the Jacob Blake incident, so I'm not sure how/if that would swing this any:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom