Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Sean Obi

I feel bad for him. He should have just stayed at Rice. On the other hand, he doesn't look like an NBA player. Why not just finish out his time here at Duke now that he's there? By all accounts he is an incredibly hard-working student, so the schoolwork shouldn't bother him.

Get your Duke degree and have K use his connections to get you work in the fashion industry.

Yeah, rome, I was thinking something along these lines. He and his adoptive/foster(?) parents are clearly interested in a quality education. Given his background, he might be perfectly happy sitting on the bench, getting a free education from one of the best universities in the country.

it kind of shocks me that he is unplayable. I was under the assumption that rebound rate was predictive. How could he be less usable than Jiggy was?

I think he'd rebound just fine if we played him a lot. It's the rest of his game that's not up to speed. He is absolutely lead-footed for one thing.

In his tiny handful of minutes against Siena, he looked like a lost calf on the court. He sort of wandered aimlessly and never seemed to get in the right position, or any position at all, really.

Going through all the game footage from last year for shots of his amazing outfits is going to be incredibly time-consuming but also rewarding.

rome8180 said:
Going through all the game footage from last year for shots of his amazing outfits is going to be incredibly time-consuming but also rewarding.

In time we'll come to appreciate that as his greatest contribution to the team.

Hairston is playing Switzerland club basketball. That might be a little too competitive for Obi, but there might be a spot in the Estonia leagues.

Dson, watch Obi's 2~ minutes of playing time and then see if you don't think Estonia would be aiming too high.

Fun facts with Sean Obi's five minutes played in a Duke uniform:

GOOD
Sean Obi has a 122 offensive rating on 9.1% usage.
Sean Obi has a 0% turnover rate.

BAD
Sean Obi.

UGLY
Sean Obi has a negative 5.8 PER.
Sean Obi is averaging 45.6 personal fouls per 100 possessions.
Sean Obi has a 110 defensive rating.
Sean Obi has a 0% rebound rate.
Sean Obi has a 0% assist rate.
Sean Obi has a 0% block rate.
Sean Obi has a 0% steal rate.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla ... obi-1.html

I don't understand the decision not to play Jeter when we went up 25. Surely he would have brought as much defensive intensity as anyone else. Scoring wasn't an issue.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom