Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Tarik Black

Evan Williams @bustingbrackets 16 Apr

Two likeliest suitors for Memphis grad transfer Tarik Black (C) are Minnesota and Duke from what I gather. Kansas loosely in mix too.

Kansas just accepted a transfer from Arkansas PF Hunter Mickelson. WTF is happening in college basketball? Kansas is taking Arkansas' scraps. Duke is "all in" on a Memphis bench guy.

Minnesota just wants him based on what he did to them in that clip above. Black wants Minnesota so he can be on the receiving end rather than the giving end of charges. Taking charges was what originally made him interested in Duke, but I'm hearing he's been scared off by Hairston's prowess in that area.

rome8180 said:
Somehow we will get beat out by Minnesota.
I have actually always wanted him, but TDD has made me want him to choose elsewhere just so I can watch the ridiculous unwarranted meltdown.

physicsfactor said:
rome8180 said:
Somehow we will get beat out by Minnesota.
I have actually always wanted him, but TDD has made me want him to choose elsewhere just so I can watch the ridiculous unwarranted meltdown.

But I thought we all think the same over here?

I can't think of a single thing Minnesota could offer him that we can't. On the other hand, I can think of a lot of things we can offer that Minn can't.

1) Closer to home
2) More national exposure
3) Chance to win a title
4) Reasonable weather for humans

Minnesota can offer him a role as the top option/all the minutes he can handle in their depleted frontcourt. His usage rate would probably be a lot higher there. May be key for a guy looking to be a pro.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Minnesota can offer him a role as the top option/all the minutes he can handle in their depleted frontcourt. His usage rate would probably be a lot higher there. May be key for a guy looking to be a pro.

Odds are he will probably get most of that at Duke and he will be in the spot light much more than he would at Minn. He will definitely be on tv more and he would have a shot at winning a title, maybe, if UK loses.

Didn't they just get a PF named Hunter Mickelson?

Troy Machir‏ @ TroyMachir 8m 6-foot-10 Arkansas sophomore Hunter Mickelson will transfer to Kansas.

That should take Kansas completely out of the Black race.

Thain said:

Troy Machir‏ @ TroyMachir 8m 6-foot-10 Arkansas sophomore Hunter Mickelson will transfer to Kansas.

Why? Unless that guy is immediately eligible, Black would be gone before he even is allowed to play.

StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Thain said:

Why? Unless that guy is immediately eligible, Black would be gone before he even is allowed to play.

Good point. I wasn't thinking about the sit out year.

If the distinction in quality of play between a Trik Black, and the combo of Amile/Marshall/Josh, in any way factors into our success next season, we're pretty much fucked anyway.

I think that Quinn's improved ability to facilitate, Jabari's ability to hit 3s consistently, and Rodney and Shred's aibility to penetrate and defend the perimeter are all more important questions/factors for next year's team.

I couldn't possibly be more indifferent on Black's decision.

Thain said:

If you switch the two objects in this sentence, it becomes much more racist/borderline genocidal.

Pantone287 said:
Thain said:

If you switch the two objects in this sentence, it becomes much more racist/borderline genocidal.

Haha I actually thought about that after I posted it. I decided to stick with Black race.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom