Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2024-2025

How will UNC finish?

• National Champions

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Final Four

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elite 8/Sweet 16

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • NCAA Tournament first weekend

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • NIT or other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Their defense is absolute dog food on paper if that’s their front court, and RJ is starting with Cadeau. I refuse to believe Hubert will go into a season with that weak of a rotation however.

This is what we were talking about a few weeks ago… when you’re that dependent on a portal home run each year, the bust years are going to be extra brutal. Maybe there’s no escaping that now for anyone, but i don’t think that’s sustainable.

A lot will depend on how good their two top 10 recruits are. If one of them is a lottery pick that obviously changes the ceiling of their team. Hopefully they both underachieve though, because the likelihood they transfer is so much greater now than when Roy was just stuffing 5-star juniors and seniors on his roster.

I’ll be brave enough to disagree with @Slap the Floor here and posit that even with the Rutgers transfer, a team that finished 9th on Pomeroy who got worse at at least two, maybe three positions, will not be preseason #1.

Jalen Washington is cucked for not transferring after all this though, lmao

I feel like the last few guys in the portal at a particular position just end up being treated like deities. This guy is very mediocre on an overall basis. Yes, really good on D as a shotblocker/rim protector/d-rebounder. Not at all good at anything else. 103 ORating for a big man is gross.

I feel like the last few guys in the portal at a particular position just end up being treated like deities. This guy is very mediocre on an overall basis. Yes, really good on D as a shotblocker/rim protector/d-rebounder. Not at all good at anything else. 103 ORating for a big man is gross.

And I will not stop saying it at every opportunity, but the B1G conference plays a fake sport only partially resembling 'basketball' and I will continue to assume all transfers from there are suspect until proven otherwise (sorry Gillis 😥)

If told in March their portal haul would likely wind up being Cade Tyson and Cliff Omruyi, I’d have taken it without hesitation.

The main irritation I have with their roster right now is fucking RJ coming back for his covid year.

Cliff is horrific offensively. He'll catch come lob dunks and play solid defense, but he's also just strictly bag chasing. He quit on that Rutgers team last year. He isn't coming in with the dog mentality that Ingram and Ryan came with, that's for sure. Unless Hubert is really that good and gets him to buy completely in.

I'm actually fairly high on Jalen Washington and think he'll develop into a very good player. He's 6'10 with good size and he shot 8-15 from 3 last season. Small sample of course but he definitely has the ability to shoot it. His under the hood metrics are really good, too.

Omuruyi/Washington would be a good complimentary set at the Center position. Apparently Ingram is wavering a bit if he wants to stay in the draft. I think that would definitely make them a top 3 team if he returns and they get Cliff but im not counting on either. Georgetown, Bama are in strong with Cliff also

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom