Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC General Discussion

I’ll give you all a breakout of these UNC players

Seventh Woods: Still can’t dribble or shoot. Pretty good passer and defender but good lord his jumper makes Duval’s form look good.

Jalek Felton: He’s a very good passer, decent shooter, and is very quick but he can’t defend a door knob defensively and lacks focus, effort

Theo Pinson: Still can’t shoot but hes the stat sheet stuffer. He helps every other area but shooting

Kenny Williams: Basically UNC’s Matt Jones but I’m talking the version that can’t shoot at all

Cam Johnson: Pretty good shooter , he’s rather one dimensional though, he’s no Justin Jackson and can’t defend

Joel Berry: He will save this team from a 2010 season

Luke Maye: Y’all laugh but I think he’s our second best player. He’s gotten a bit quicker, has very solid post moves and his jumper has improved more. Still can’t guard anyone

Garrison Brooks: Best freshman big. Actually shows potential to be somewhat good. Could be really good as a junior/senior

Sterling Manley: Waste of a body. Desmond Hubert V2

Brandon Huffman: Joel James V2

Andrew Platek: Why the fuck did we give a scholarship to this kid?

I’ll be honest with you I don’t think Huffman, Manley, Platek, Williams, Woods, Robinson are ACC level players. We’ve wasted six scholarships on 4 year scrubs. This UNC teams ceiling is probably a 4 seed. I see them anywhere from a 5-8 seed.

Thanks for the writeup. Will Jalek give NBA scouts a boner with blackletecism?

I think it’s very possible he’s OAD and a first rounder. He is very athletic, can shoot. The intangibles are there. He’s kind of like Brice Johnson in a way but in guard form. Rumor on IC is that him and Johnson are gone after this year. My prediction is that by February you will see a starting lineup of Berry Felton Johnson Pinson Maye.

UNCY, when I watched your Late Night Scrimmage, I thought the five you listed as your February starters were by far your best players. I actually thought Robinson was okay. I didn't think much of anyone beyond them and Brooks. Roy would be wise to not go very deep this year.

The only problem with the small ball lineup is we will get absolutely killed on the boards, and are probably prone to foul trouble. November, and December are going to be infuriating watching Roy play these lineups that have absolutely zero chance of succeeding. I’ve heard some people say oh well UNC only beat Memphis by 6 healthy, beat Barton by 11, and lose to UNCG in a 13 minute game but it’s just Roy being Roy. I’m praying he doesn’t do this shit in the regular season but I have my doubts. Some of the lineups we have used are Felton Williams Platek Manley Walker(wes Miller’s walk-on brother). A lineup like that will not succeed against any decent level competition even division 2. I’m praying Roy does not pull this shit during the regular season. We can’t afford to drop games because he wants to “experiment” November and December games still matter.

That was my assumption. UNC not having Berry, for however long that will be, means bad news though.

Honestly though, if we had barely beaten Memphis, Barton and lost to UNCG (even in a scrimmage) we would be hanging it up on this season and looking forward to next. UNC might be in serious trouble this year even when Berry gets back. Maybe that is just the hopeful side of me thinking out loud.

Why did Berry even return to join this? Could have left with all of his buddies as National Champions. Instead he was the only one to come back (Pinson doesn't count he couldn't go anywhere) and is going to be on a team that definitely struggles. He'll get frustrated being the sole focus of every scouting report.

Berry will probably be back 2nd or third game. I don’t think UNC is going to be great this year but still should manage to make the tournament and possibly make the second round. Without Berry this is an NIT team but even last years UNC team sucked without Berry. Remember when Seventh Woods was the next big thing? He sucks.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom