Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weather Thread

I took my family to Raleigh but got word my fence is destroyed and tons of shingles off my room so I am assuming water damage will be an issue.

Hoping for the best for my boy, @Thain.

Barely anything has come my way. Coworkers keep IMing me to check in and I’m like, “It’s alllllll good still. Slight breeze, few drops of rain.” They must think our office is full of pansies for freaking out about the hurricane.

I'm at Quail Roost on that map in Northern Durham County. So far, a bit breezy with off and on light to moderate rain. Lucky.

I've never seen so many giant hardwood trees fall over or snap off. I've got oaks laying all over the yard and in two places on my fence, neighbors almost all have big trees down .No electricity in the near future, either.

Northern OBX got off scott free. Also, where did the phrase "scott free" come from?

Durham got pounded last night, still getting pounded this morning.
Yeah, wasn’t a fan of my phone blowing up with tornado warnings at 5:30. Fair amount of flooding near my house. My next door neighbor has a lake in their yard now.

I was Ok until my generator shit the bed and I couldn't make coffee. Brutal.
Sounds like you need a pocket socket.
https://eartheasy.com/ktor-pocket-s...MI_9mW7ZDD3QIV1LrACh2OQQ7oEAQYAiABEgJHjvD_BwE

"Up to 10 watts"? Whew, feel the power! The only reason for that to exist is that using it gives people the illusion that they're doing something useful. Not necessarily a bad thing when you and everyone else in town are without power for 4 or 5 days.
I think our ancient ancestors must've slept a helluva lot.

I was Ok until my generator shit the bed and I couldn't make coffee. Brutal.
Sounds like you need a pocket socket.
https://eartheasy.com/ktor-pocket-s...MI_9mW7ZDD3QIV1LrACh2OQQ7oEAQYAiABEgJHjvD_BwE

"Up to 10 watts"? Whew, feel the power! The only reason for that to exist is that using it gives people the illusion that they're doing something useful. Not necessarily a bad thing when you and everyone else in town are without power for 4 or 5 days.
I think our ancient ancestors must've slept a helluva lot.
I really want to see you try to run a coffee maker using that thing.

Oh, and water in the basement 2 days before inspection. Yay.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom