Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weather Thread

I had a small leak from my ridge vent create a stain on my ceiling. Is there anything I should do about that besides getting the leak source fixed?

Any ideas on how to get rid of the stain?

I was Ok until my generator shit the bed and I couldn't make coffee. Brutal.
Sounds like you need a pocket socket.
https://eartheasy.com/ktor-pocket-s...MI_9mW7ZDD3QIV1LrACh2OQQ7oEAQYAiABEgJHjvD_BwE

"Up to 10 watts"? Whew, feel the power! The only reason for that to exist is that using it gives people the illusion that they're doing something useful. Not necessarily a bad thing when you and everyone else in town are without power for 4 or 5 days.
I think our ancient ancestors must've slept a helluva lot.
I really want to see you try to run a coffee maker using that thing.

I would get my coffee faster after waiting in the 2-mile long line at the McDonald's that is only rumored to be opening some time later (this is actually happening at gas stations and fast food restaurants)

I had a small leak from my ridge vent create a stain on my ceiling. Is there anything I should do about that besides getting the leak source fixed?

If it isn't too bad, try spraying it with bleach diluted 10-1 with water. Can't hurt, might help.

A drywall saw. A few pieces of wood and a little bit of drywall. Then some mud, tape, and paint.

A drywall saw. A few pieces of wood and a little bit of drywall. Then some mud, tape, and paint.

I agree with this take - once drywall gets wet, it can become a real mess. It is a hassle to replace the impacted area (mudding sucks), but you should probably do it before it becomes a larger issue. My friend had a water leak at his record store which impacted the drywall; he just ripped it out.

It was 50 degrees in Chicago yesterday. 41 today. No one should have scared of our winters anymore.

It was -20 degrees when I left for work this morning. Sweet.

I grew up with that kind of weather (didn't live in Toronto) but since I've lived in the Dirty South of Canada I have a hard time with these occasional cold snaps. Today was a bit better than yesterday. I have become soft; not @aiw soft, but soft nonetheless.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom