Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Week 9: Virginia Polytechnic Institute

Wow so I am confirming now that Boone went 0-6 with 0 yards and 1 INT in the 2nd half. That is so Andre of him.

T.O.P.: Duke 20:33; VT 39:27
Boone: 28%; 7 completions; 4 INTs; 8.1 QBR
198 yards of offense
3.3 yards/rush
0/11 3rd downs

W

I'm guessing we'll get some votes but not make it in Might inch closer next week with the bye if more teams lose. Still doubt we'll have much hype overall at 6-2. Beat State and we should be close at 7-2 and what is honestly a chump schedule. Lose to State and we should just dismantle the program.

Dammit that thread is remarkably high quality and not troll greatness. It's like if you multiplied Thain by 100 and subtracted all of TDD from the fanbase.

You know... this isn't your father's Duke football team. This loss is nowhere near as embarrassing as it would have been if it had happened 9 years ago. Duke was a bowl team last year and they are going bowling again this year. Do I feel GOOD about losing to Duke? Of course not! But I'm not particularly embarrassed about it.

How level headed and rational is this fanbase? I hate this. Why are VT fans so much better than Duke basketball fans?

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
You know... this isn't your father's Duke football team. This loss is nowhere near as embarrassing as it would have been if it had happened 9 years ago. Duke was a bowl team last year and they are going bowling again this year. Do I feel GOOD about losing to Duke? Of course not! But I'm not particularly embarrassed about it.

How level headed and rational is this fanbase? I hate this. Why are VT fans so much better than Duke basketball fans?
Yeah, but did you see the responses?

Defensively?

This Duke team is so bad you *should* be embarrassed.
you should be embarrassed. you should also be embarrassed of our offense. no excuses

I'm ok with us continuing to be underestimated.

Bigger 6 points in Duke history: Martin's 2 50 yarders today or Andres 2 3s against Baylor?

Some of you Andre haters need to get some perspective.

Duke is the 50th best team in the country on Sagarin, which has been consistently better than oddsmakers wrt Duke this season. Duke would be slight favorites vs Nebraska at home, but Duke is still not better than the best FCS team. With bowl games as old hat now, I think getting to the point where the program is better than the best FCS team is a good next step.

Duke should be 12-point favorites vs NC State. If NC State gets blown out by UNC, which is pretty much guaranteed to happen, Duke might be favored by the full 2 TDs over a team with better talent across the board, which signifies an absurd lack of coaching on their side combined with Cutcliffe being Cutcliffe.

Oh lol I'm just remembering now that this was the kicker I randomly was watching in that ECU vs VT game a few weeks ago, thinking "this is the worst kicker ever." Now that shanked 40-yarder makes a lot of sense. Worst. Or did they find a replacement who is the worstest?

same kid. He was suspended last year for a breaking and entering charge

Dattier said:
dkst0426 said:
Wallace Wade had better be packed on the 9th.
Poor verb choice.
That pun is going to bedevil me.

dukeberto said:
same kid. He was suspended last year for a breaking and entering charge
Quote from a friend of mine who works with the Blacksburg paper and does some contract work for VT athletics I was messaging with last night after the game:

yeah. and really its been sad that beamer keeps defending him.

i mean we all love beamer here

and he's obviously known for being someone of high class and morals

his treatment of our kicker goes completely against that

How does Scott Loeffler haver a job.

No OC has done so little with more in the last two years.

original.jpg

Can we talk about this guy.

I thought the game was well officiated and there wasn't any kind of 'what's good for the acc calls' down the stretch.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom